Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sssam
Contributor
Message 21 of 37

Re: Total Protection 2010 "Your software is about to deactivate"

Thanks for the interest Peter.

I did speak to Customer service early on and they referred me back to tech support as the multiple activations picked up by McAfee's subscription verification services is deemed to be a technical issue.  I am concerned and anticipating with every software update the same issue will resurface as it seems that nothing from the user end precipitates it.  It seems to be part of a rogue automated service from McAfee that trips the false notification. Just my thoughts.

Cheers from sunny Australia

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 37

Well then ask Tech Support Chat to escalate the issue.   Not sure what else I can suggest sorry.

bero
Former Member
Message 23 of 37

Hello,

Did you get anything usefull out of the conf call?

Are (were) they aware of the fact that there is a problem with the deactivation?

When do they think that they will have a solution?

I hope that they are not in the denial fase.

TIA,

bero.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 24 of 37

Only that it isn't a common issue and that Tech. Support should be able to sort it out.

spredbury
Contributor
Message 25 of 37

I guess it isn't a common issue if the problem doesn't affect you. I had the problem multiple times and called tech support each time only to have application deleted and reloaded with another reoccurance of the problem within hours or days. I finally deleted Mcafee and went with another product. Not trying to be rude but I think they are in denial about the problem.

Message was edited by: spredbury on 8/14/10 9:27:55 AM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 37

Perhaps they are, all they told me that Tech. Support hadn't tagged it as a major issue.  Sorry that you had to report to another product and I wish you well.

suer47
Former Member
Message 27 of 37

I am having the same issues with Windows XP. A couple of months ago, it deactivated, then tech support fixed it. It deactivated again, we reinstalled, etc., it deactivated again....and again and again!  It lasts about 7 days. I have 4 computers and 4 licenses. Every time I reinstall, it adds a computer and then tells me I have not enough licenses and wants me to pay for a new license. I have tried disactivating and reactivating, used the tech 2 level, etc. They don't call when they say they will fix it. I am just about ready to go somewhere else, too....I think this is a much more common issue.

The Tech 2 renamed the computer last night and spent 4-5 hours "fixing" it and left me a message it was fine, but it is just the same. Today, I called customer service to get a refund and was directed to a phone conversation and a person who tried to fix it, but was unsuccessful. As a result, I was put on a list for a "research dept. call" tomorrow.

I think that this problem is not in my computer, but in their databases as well.  One of my computers is listed twice, but they can't remove it. The computer that is having the problem shows an IP address out of SaintLouis instead of being the same as the other three.  This is much too frustrating. I know that there are other good and reliable, trouble free security systems. Does someone have a recommendation?

Message was edited by: suer47 on 8/19/10 2:50:53 PM CDT
dukeofearl
Former Member
Message 28 of 37

Well, let me chine in on what my experience has been. Yesterday I wanted to activate the new McAfee product since the previous product had expired. Clicking on the icon in the tray did absolutely nothing. When using my shortcut on my desktop, I got the blank WHITE BOX the same rectangler size of the normal McAfee Total Protection user interface. I decided to delete the expired version using Add/Remove. I couldn't. Got a WHITE BOX again. Then decided to use McAfee's MCPR tool to remove all McAfee products. It errored and created a log but McAfee was gone! So I paid no attention to the error log. I was then able to download McAfee onto my computer. It installed perfectly. However, when I opened the user interface, i received the message that YOUR SOFTWARE IS ABOUT TO DEACTIVATE (in 5 days). I had purchased a one year subscription only 2 months prior so should have expired in about 10 months. I read all the posts on here so knew I didn't want to go through the process of uninstalling/reinstalling serveral times and end up still having the problem. So I went onto McAfee chat. I lied and told them I had uninstalled/reinstalled 5 times (lol) because I didn't want them to use that as their solution since you guys told me it wouldn't work and since I had actually done a reinstall one time. In addition to telling McAfee I had install/uninstalled several times, I requested my money back. They were confident that they would be able to solve the problem remotely. So I gave them remote control over my computer. And sure enough, in a very short timeframe, the problem was resolved. I think they said something about resetting. But that was yesterday and today it appears that the problem has stayed corrected. So I'll add my success story to the forum and maybe giving McAfee techs the ability to remotely control your computer to implement a fix will work for others as well. Thanks for your posts because you save me countless hours of uninstalling/reinstalling.

Earl

Dinz
Former Member
Message 29 of 37

Hi earl,

Thanks for posting back your experience with our technical experts. Much appreciated, for those who still have issues with deactivation, please be informed that if the steps that we propose over here is not resolving your issue, please feel free to get in touch with our technical support technicians since we have them standby all time to assist you . .

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

dukeofearl
Former Member
Message 30 of 37

Hi Dinesh,

I guess my fix worked for only 7 days. The message "Your Software Is Deavtivated" now appears. So I guess the other posts may be accurate in that the fix is only temporary. Any suggestions and has anyone gotten a 'permanent fix' before I go argue for my refund. Service request number 484570-577424968.  Thanks.

Earl

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community