cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craigallen
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

The latest patch did "NOT" fix the internet connection issue

I just had a update that needed to restart the computer.  I did....and my internet connection is still doing the same thing it did before the update.  I have to wait till it times out and has my connection showing as "Unidentified Network" and then go into the Network Center and disable and enable my connection....only then will it find it.  This is the most pathetic crap I have ever seen.  The program worked perfectly fine before the April update...and now even with the June update it still isn't fixed.

My current versions are

Security Center - 11.0.678

Firewall - 12.0.355

I know this issue is still with your program...because I can uninstall it and BAM I have my connection detected immediately on start up.  Is there anything I need to try?

Message was edited by: craigallen on 6/9/12 12:40:35 AM CDT
8 Replies
craigallen
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

Re: The latest patch did "NOT" fix the internet connection issue

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall your software again or find something else?

karthiks
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Please try to uninstall and reinstall McAfee once if you have the same problem, if still internet connection not working properly please

Update us your operating system details in this thread so that we can help you out with better solution.

Regards,

Karthik Shankar

craigallen
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

I have already done the uninstall and reinstall.....if I have to uninstall your program again because of this issue it will be for good.  BTW thank for taking 11 days to reply to this LOL.  I have already read in another post from a moderator that the devs are working on a fix...this support is sad.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Hi,

Please update us your Operating system details and your internet connection type so that I can update some workground to fix the problem.

Regards,

Karthik Shankar

craigallen
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

I am having the same  "Firewall blocking internet connection" issue theat others are having.  I already have a work "around" it is called your FAQ that says you disable and re-enable the network adapter....it works for me but having to do this everytime I turn my comp on is bull.  I am running Windows Vista with current SP.  I am also getting all the info I need on this issue in the "Firewall blocking internet connection" thread https://community.mcafee.com/thread/28074?start=240&tstart=0 which is found under https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/web_email/personal_firewall?view=discussions&start=0 where you will notice I posted something there which didn't take 11 days for someone reply.  As of now we are done on this post.....no one wanted to help me 1.2.3.4 days after I posted it so I am not worried now.  I will give you guys til my subscription runs out in early August to fix this or I will be moving on.  Not looking good for you since this issue showed up after the April update and it's now mid June with no fix......so yeah!

karthiks
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

Hi,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused, we have resolved this issue in many Vista Computers so I would suggest you to give a call to McAfee Techinal support in the phone number 1-866-622-3911 to get this issue fixed!!

Regards,

Karthik Shankar

craigallen
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

So now we have to call and have a tech help us instead of waiting for the patch that other moderators have told everyone to wait for?  Which is it?

karthiks
Former Member
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

We have a fix for this issue in Vista Computers as I mentioned in the earlier post, In case if it is not fixing the problem we are informing the customers to wait for the patch to fix. So Please call the McAfee Technical support and get this issue resolved at the earliest.

Regards,

Karthik Shankar

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community