cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sergei
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

The Bat! and McAfee

I have McAfee Total Protection with McAfee Security Center.

How to organize anti-virus and anti-spam protections for The Bat! Mail client ?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: The Bat! and McAfee

Never used this email client before, but....

Each email that comes in is evaluated as spam or not spam, and tagged accordingly.

You simply need to configure a rule inside of your email client (most email clients have this function) to move emails that have the tag [SPAM] in the Subject line to a folder of your choosing.  Quite simple to do.

AV protection is automatic.

HTH

sergei
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: The Bat! and McAfee

Thanks for advice.

I am using this client last 4 years. But the McAfee is the new in my experience.

Previous using antivirus had AV and anti-spam plug-ins for email special which I had to insert simply into configuration pan of the client. As soon as plug-in being inserted the special tag energes on instrumental panel of the client and I could be sure every time that protections of incoming/outgoing emails were in order. At present using The Bat! I could not sure (not see) that McAfee protects my ongoing mail.

Best regards,

Sergei

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community