cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bidders1981
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

System debug and McAfee cannot fix threats

Having a big prob with my dell laptop.  I have McAfee installed and all areas stating unprotected.  When i click on fix it says that McAfee is unable to fix one or more errors on my computer.  When i click on advanced mode it is unable to tell me what the problem is: page will not load.  I have tried to update but the McAfee stops reponding and is unable to connect to the internet.  Have also reinstalled the McAfee software while laptop in safe mode.  This problem has arisen since transferring some files from an encrypted memory stick last week, following which a blue screen appears with system debugging, error: memory stick and then my computer restarts.  this happens almost immediately after my computer is fully loaded.  So I can only run mcafee with my laptop in safe mode.  I have tried the styrm restore but so far has not worked.  Help!!! this is very frustrating!!

1 Reply
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: System debug and McAfee cannot fix threats

Did you previously have any security software before you installed McAfee?

Did you previously have any signs of virus or malware?

What type of operating system are you using?

How do you connect to the internet?

You could try the McAfee Virtual Technician. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issues and if it finds any it will attempt to fix them for you. MVT can be found at the top of this page under Useful Links in the Technical Support link.

You may also have some corruption in your installation. Try to uninstall via Add/Remove programs and reboot. Next step is to use the MCPR removal tool found at the top of this page under Useful Links. MCPR will remove any remaining traces of McAfee that fail to completely remove via Add/Remove and reboot again.

Follow the instructions in this link http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100119 and be sure to use the McAfee preinstall tool found in the link before logging in to your online McAfee account and downloading your software.

Let us know if this works for you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community