cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mourning
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

System Mechanics v. 10 copatibility problems

Does anyone else have compatibility problems with McAfee and System Mechanics v.10?  Just purchased and installed System Mechanics and everytime I attempt to run their deep Registry Repair, System Mechanics deletes all McAfee communitions paths and many of its files.  Have to go back to an earlier restore point to reactivate McAfee and in several attempts, I have had to delete McAfee, download the program, and then re-download the updates.

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: System Mechanics v. 10 copatibility problems

After years of trial and error I would no longer recommend any Registry cleaner or optimizer to anyone.   They invariably clean up good files along with the garbage.   That's the risk you take using them.

It's debatable if any gain in peformance is acheived by using them in any case.  Only use Windows own tools.

If you want to improve your system then there are more sure ways such as more memory, bigger hard drive etc.

However, if you want to continue using a registry cleaner then choose one that has a restore feature should anything go wrong, and one that has the ability to ignore selected files.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/11/10 6:04:51 CST PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community