cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
truffle
Contributor III
Message 1 of 8

Something is wrong with my Mcafee

I am running Security Center (via Dell). This problem started when I found the sabsi.exe was consuming a lot of cpu cycles.  I re-booted the PC.  The problem went away.  As a matter of fact I could not find sabsi.exe running at all.  Sabsi.exe appears to be related to webadvisor..  The control panel says every thing is OK.  I cannot start the firewall.  Macfee is not longer listed in the action center.  If I try to do a manual update, the window just closes.  I am on version   16.0.5. 

I ran MVT and it couldn't fix the issues it found.   Output files attached.

The strange part is the the console shows no issues.  Secure with big green check mark!

7 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 8

Re: Something is wrong with my Mcafee

best you call support and send them those files or at least the session ID

Support

I would be tempted to reinstall as per

Uninstall via windows Programs and features reboot then run  MCPR

Download the MCPR tool.

Reboot and follow the preparation steps for an install.

Mcafee install preparation steps

Install from your account

truffle
Contributor III
Message 3 of 8

Thanks - I was afraid of that.  I also run Malwarebytes.  Will Mcafee install if I do not uninstall Malwarebytes first.  I have heard that Mcafee installer will  will stop if it see Malwarebytes installed.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

The only time you may encounter a issue, is if you are running the Paid Version. As it has a real time scan module. If you are running the (Free) Version you can right click on the Malwarebytes Icon, and exit/quit it.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
truffle
Contributor III
Message 5 of 8

I am running the paid version.   What will happen if I install Mcafee while it is running?  Should I turn off the Malwarebytes real time scan module during installation?

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 8

I would I reinstalled Mcafee with the RTS section of Malwarebytes disabled a month ago so should work. Note the "should"

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 8

I would actually Turn it off and exit it. After your installation/restart...Malwarebytes will enable itself again.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
truffle
Contributor III
Message 8 of 8

Thanks - re-installed Mcafee per you advice and using your suggestions.  Everything working!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community