cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nixonnic
Contributor
Message 31 of 61

Re: Should McAfee be compensating users after 5958 debacle?

i ask about the 2 year extension they told me that they can not do amything at the moment to keep watching the website they should be posting something soon they offered a friend of mine 6 months and he said about the two year extension they posted when this hit they said it was for the ones that was hit severely

Peacekeeper
Message 32 of 61

No it was not from what I read will pass this on and ask

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 6/05/10 5:59:09 AM
newjack
Former Member
Message 33 of 61

If these problems can`t be rectified i can`t see how anyone would wan`t 2 years.Even for free.While people play the waiting game and wonder if they are infected.I am at a loss for words.

Saner6465
Former Member
Message 34 of 61

In the link I posted on April 25th (http://us.mcafee.com/en-us/landingpages/np5959.asp?cid=77220) you now have the choice to click on a link to apply for the 2 year free extension. Unfortunately this again only applies for US and Canadian and not for International citizens. And the offer expires on May 31st.

I sure hope McAfee will soon update, in my case, the Dutch site as well!!

Regards,
Sandra

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 35 of 61

We are rolling out support as we get the infrastructure and content translated in each region.  We just launched in English first.

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
nixonnic
Contributor
Message 36 of 61

i like this form they ask you the date it happened like they dont know then they ask for all the service request number i dont have bevause the boy who fixed my comp set it to get rid of messages thats older then 10 days im sure if they do some looking they could find them i think we did enough work for them getting are computers back up and running  i think its a bunch of wash under the bridge they are going to try to pull on people and what are there reasonable cost it doesnt matter what the cost they did it they need to fix and repay the people i look for more to come out of this

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 37 of 61

Nix,

I'm sending you a private message in moments, containing your SR#.  Remember a few days back when I told you I wanted to dig into your case?  Well, I did, and therefore got your info.  This should give you all you need.

Anyone else who has misplaced their SR, you may call McAfee Customer Service and they can provide it to you.

Like we've said from day-one on this issue, McAfee will do everything it can to make good with its customers.  We own up to our responsibility on issues, and do our level best to keep you satisfied.  To avoid phony claims, we do need to collect some info from anyone impacted...but it shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to fill out.

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
Dhammond
Former Member
Message 38 of 61

My concern is that it will take a long time to hear back that they have even agreed that your charges are reasonable. In my opinion they should have people working on this and getting back with people ASAP. This has no doubt been a big hassle to all involved., but it was not our fault. I am concerned we will all get the run around shuffle. By the time I get paid, if at all,it will be almost two months post incident. To me that is unacceptable. This is not rocket science. I don't know who is McAffe's PR person, but wow. This hunker down mentality doesn't go to well with the troops. The key is to immediately admit you made a mistake, provide a remedy, have dedicated phone numbers and personnel to deal with the problem, notify people by email . We had to wait two weeks just for McAffe to post a form to fill out and another month or two to see if we get paid for our trouble. In my humble opinion there has been two debacles; the event and McAffes' response. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. As John Wayne said," Sorry don't get it done".

Dhammond
Former Member
Message 39 of 61

I just completed your form  to get paid. You guys must be joking!  Please allow 8 to 12 weeks after receipt of your request to get paid. You guys must like to fall down and bleed a lot. In my humble opinion the chances of keeping McAfee customers for an extended period of time are slim and none, and slim just left town. I guess were all stuck. How can this not leave a bad taste in your mouth. See what you can do to speed this up. Your customers are clearly unhappy.

newjack
Former Member
Message 40 of 61

Still waiting tromine,

Found more concerns today in Mcafee Firewall.As you can see when clicking on to the link here under learn more i was greeted with a page.I am no computer wizard but this page does not look proper for what i was supposed to link to.As you can see here in image 2.Can anyone tell me what is going on here PLEASE.As i have now resorted to haveing to beg for help.This is great.

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

This happened also a while back.After exiting out it and retrying it took me to hackerwatch page that said this is a windows componant?                                      Thanks Jack

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community