cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isb5223cdn
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Services not running reported by virtual technician but can't fix?

At first I noticed that I could not suspend real-time scanning, then when I opened the UI it also reported that personal firewall was on but all options greyed out and even though it listed as on the button to turn it on was there, which I pressed several times to no avail. I tried starting the services in Admin Tools and every one gave error 577 windows cannot verify the digital signature.... I uninstalled restarted comp reinstalled restarted comp and same issue. I did notice that the last software update for mcafee was Jan 6 2017. So I am guessing stuff started going wrong back then? A reinstall didn't help this so pls don't tell me to reinstall again. As I understand it, windows is not permitting the service to start because it thinks it's malicious software.

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: Services not running reported by virtual technician but can't fix?

Well unfortunately a reinstall was going to be my suggestion but as per

Reinstall McAfee

Make sure you use the MCPR tool as well

The grey firewall means either your subscription has expired or the install is corrupt.

I would call support after you give the PC a malware scan with some of these scanners

Support can be found here

Support

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Services not running reported by virtual technician but can't fix?

Moved from LiveSafe to General Discussion> Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community