Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paddyk
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Security Suite 2007

Jump to solution

I have the above suite installed and have renewed my subscription annually since the initial purchase .

HELP :

I recently opened an email from a known and trusted source , which froze Outlook Express and tried unsuccessfully to open a financial website homepage and a .PDF file . The only solution was a complete system reset . Everything reset OK , but when I next went online , McAfee reported that I was not fully protected . This has happened before on several occassions , but when I clicked on 'fix' this time round ,  the usual rotating arrow icon appeared and downloaded the latest signatures , but didnt run the full background scan . When I tried to run a scan , the following error message popped up :-

Scanning encountered a problem from which it cannot recover .

Scan failed to start ; result = 2147467259

McAfee Security Centre reports that Computer & Files , and Email & IM both require attention , but that Internet & Network and Parental Controls are both OK , and the icon in the system tray now has the red X showing .

I have several other security programs installed , including Spybot , Spyware Blaster , Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool , Rogue Remover , and CCleaner , all of which I have downloaded the latest signatures , ran scans , and all of which report no problems .

But still McAfee says I am not completely protected .

Anybody out there got any help , advice , or solutions ?

Thanks in advance ,

Paddyk

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bins384
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

Re: Security Suite 2007

Jump to solution

Please open McAfee

Click on Computer and Files > What is the message showing at the left pane ?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Bins384
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Please open McAfee

Click on Computer and Files > What is the message showing at the left pane ?

paddyk
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi ,

The message Im getting for Computer & Files , and also for Email & IM , is "action required" .

Clicking "fix" downloads the latest update , but doesnt scan and restore the "yes" in "am I protected"

Cheers ,

Pat

Bins384
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

After Clicking on the Computer and Networks, in the left pane it will show a message that states like "Click on Fix button to fix this error"

I would like to know, what is showing below that message.

paddyk
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Both report that the data signature is more than 30 days old , and that some components are missing , and to re-install the software , which I have done .

Bins384
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

While saying that, you have done a full system reset, did it mean that you have done a system restore??

paddyk
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

I tried to do a system restore to a date prior to the one when the problem started , but it would not restore , even though the date was highlighted

Bins384
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Yes, after doing a system restore, we need to uninstall and reinstall McAfee as system restore may corrept McAfee DAT file and DAT Engine which used to run a scan.

I hope Uninstall and reinstall would have fixed your Issue.

Message was edited by: Binil George on 4/18/10 5:47:45 PM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Can you double click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

If your taskbar icon is square with an M inside click About in the lower right-hand corner and post what version of SecurityCenter is installed please.

If the taskbar icon is shield-shaped then click Navigate in the top right corner then click About at the left and post the same information.

I ask because Security Suite 2007 is no longer supported.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community