cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_11450
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Security Centre cannot launch

Suddenly i found out my McAfee Security Centre can not be launched. what had happen and what should i do?!

8 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: Security Centre cannot launch

successfully moved from Community Support to General Discussion ? Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 9

audrey@kaleidoscope.com.my wrote:

Suddenly i found out my McAfee Security Centre can not be launched. what had happen and what should i do?!

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it finds and fixes any issues for you.

If it doesn't, on that same page lower left you will see "Contact Support" and Technical Support can be reached through that.  It's free.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Good luck.

brad_the_dad
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

oh man ...

again, ​ ?

I thought we had this resolved a month or so ago when the QcShm issue finally got resolved.

I noticed this on my computer and a family member's at another location, so I suspect it is product-related and probably wide-spread -- and not isolated to an individual machine.

What's the suspected root-cause this time of the "An update is being installed" hang? ​ ?

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 9

That sounds different to the OP`s issue. Your issue usually gets fixed by a shutdown and restart and update mcafee. At least did for my daughter`s two pcs.

brad_the_dad
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

thx

a couple reboots and forced-checks-for-updates from McAfee's "home" screen later, we are not hanging.

I'll confirm on the other systems (daughter and now another family member reported it)

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 9

Got fingers crossed for you

user_11450
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Hi, Thanks to everyone, after I've uninstalled some fonts & made a few restarts it launched well !!

But... the "real-time scanning is off" window keep popping up even i keep click the turning on button (see attached).

What should i do?

McAfee.jpg

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 9

run the MVT programs and see if it finds anything

MVT

if no help best to call support they will probably want to try a reinstall.

Support

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community