Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halton
Contributor III
Message 1 of 10

Security Center

Jump to solution

I am not sure which category to put this in.

For some reason my scheduled scans do not want to start on schedule. When they do start it usually takes hours to finish the scans. When I check the time when it supposed to start it resets the start to 10 minutes forward.

I ran a full scan is save mode and everything was fine.

I was thinking of downloading a new copy of mcafee security center and I was asked to agree to the license agreement was in the right spot to do this?

Can you help.

Thank you.

Jerry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 10

Re: Security Center

Jump to solution

You can Right click on your McAfee Icon in the Lower Task bar/Tray. Hover over (Scan) and select (Full).

That should allow you to run a 'Manual Full Scan'. Also what may be the primary issue is that you are running Vista Home Premium?

Perhaps my Colleague (ExBrit) could add to the discussion in regards to (Vista). As he ran it for the longest.

If you would kindly apprise us if you were capable of performing a 'Full Scan "

All the very Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

9 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Jerry,

First kindly make certain your Clock is synced correctly. Then you can try opening your McAfee Interface/Navigation/General Settings and Alerts/ and uncheck the setting for your software to wait until (Idle) before performing 'Scheduled Tasks'

After attempting this, kindly let us know if this resolved your issue.

All the Best,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Moved to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

Please note that the default (Sheduled Scan) in the latest Version/Build is to perform a Scheduled (Quick Scan) opposed to a (Full Scan) which was previously the Default setting.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
halton
Contributor III
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

What I didn't  mention before and I apologize for that  was that I am currently running is Windows Vista HomePremium. I did what you instructed.

I don't quite understand what you said.  So If I want to schedule a full scan what should I select.

Jerry

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

You can Right click on your McAfee Icon in the Lower Task bar/Tray. Hover over (Scan) and select (Full).

That should allow you to run a 'Manual Full Scan'. Also what may be the primary issue is that you are running Vista Home Premium?

Perhaps my Colleague (ExBrit) could add to the discussion in regards to (Vista). As he ran it for the longest.

If you would kindly apprise us if you were capable of performing a 'Full Scan "

All the very Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Vista, as long as it's SP2 is supported until April 11, 2017.  - just an FYI in case anyone is wondering.

Jerry the software does delay starting if there is too much activity on the machine at the scheduled time

and I doubt the OS has much to do with anything here really.

You could run the MVT to make sure all is well http://mvt.mcafee.com/

halton
Contributor III
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

I am sorry I didn't get to you sooner I just want to see if it ran the way you  suggested it and thanks to you and everyone else it is working perfectly.

Thank you.

Jerry

Just as an add on question my windows update does want to update anymore and consequently the windows defender is going nuts. Do I need it on?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Jerry,

Unlike Windows 10 which includes (Anti-Virus) with Windows Defender, In Vista it is compatible with your McAfee software. It is your preference as whether to run it or not. It is simply considered as a compliment to your software.

I personally have it disabled in Windows 7 Sp1, and rely only on my McAfee Software. As I allow my (RTS) protect me and run a (Full) Scan weekly, followed up with Malwarebytes (Free).

Glad that your Scheduled Scan is functioning properly now

All the very Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

If you don't want to disable it open it and update from within its framework.  Then use the Windows Update repair tool - Control Panel > Troubleshooting....sometimes it works.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter I was about to address that as I missed it initially.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community