Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwmelton
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Security Center will not launch

Please help,

My security center starting flashing this morning "Your computer is at risk" and all my firewall's were turned off. When I followed the prompts to the Security Center the firewall would not stay on, green for 2 seconds back to red. I immediately Googled the problem and the solution was the Virtual Tool which I then downloaded and ran. The scan came back with problems but could not address all of them. The "Solve PC Issues" flag is saying to address the problems but it won't make a connection when I attempt to "Turn On" firewall either in Mcaffee or Windows.

I've tried to launch the security center through the programs menu, desktop icons and the startup menu, all to no avail. Now when I run the Virtual Tool it simply goes back and forth endlessly trying to locate components etc. Mcaffee won't uninstall as I get the message, "Please wait for the current program to finish uninstalling or being changed". I've checked the startup menu and all the Mcaffee components are "started" and on automatic with the exception of the scanner, furthermore, all of the services won't allow me to stop, refresh or play as the icons are all greyed out. My apologies if this has already been addressed, I've done a lot of reading this morning...

Thanks in advance, Chris

2 Replies
swill
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Security Center will not launch

Try restarting your computer if you haven't already, McAfee's services may have crashed.

If McAfee is still not working properly after a restart, remove it with the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (Google MCPR and it's the first result). This tool will completely remove any McAfee software/traces from your computer.

After removing your McAfee software, download and install it again through your account.

Kind Regards,

Will.

vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Security Center will not launch

Has this issue been addressed?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community