cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
namelessIT
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Security Center 9.15 only installs Anti-Spam on Windows 7

When I run the installation file for the Security Center, it only installs Anti-Spam and doesn't give me the option select anything else. Is it not supported in Windows 7?????

9 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: Security Center 9.15 only installs Anti-Spam on Windows 7

Assuming it's the latest 2009 version that you are trying to install & Windows is the final version it should be OK as I have it running in Windows 7 x64.

Where are you installing it from and what version of Windows 7 is this?

What protection software did you/do you have installed?  Did you run the uninstaller tool for previous protection?

Malware can prevent parts of McAfee from installing so do an online check HERE as a precaution.

namelessIT
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I'm running Windows 7 x86 Ultimate.

I was also running Mcafee Security Center before, but was up for renewal. After i paid for the renewal licencing I kept getting the notification to renewal. The tech support guys asked me to uninstall and then re-install to get rid of the notification, but now I can't even install the entire Security Center.

I've spoken to the tech support guys on the phone about this issue as well, but all they told me to do was to restart my computer and try again.

I've checked for Malware with the link you provide and found nothing.

Anymore suggestions?

thanks.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 10

You are sure that you have no other anti-malware software installed?   Are you seeing any strange pop-ups or activity?

Enable Windows Firewall in the meanwhile to afford some protection.  Once McAfee's is installed properly it will be automatically disabled.  (Control Panel/Security).

If you have Windows 7 I'm assuming you also have Internet Explorer 8.  Go to IE8 Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click the Reset button.

OK any prompts that may occur and click Apply and OK.

Close and reopen IE.  Go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable the add-ons.

Now uninstall whatever McAfee you have from Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall a Program

Run McAfee's MCPR removal tool:  http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

Reboot and retry.

namelessIT
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Tried what you mentioned in the previous post and still no luck. What I don't understatnd is that the previous version of SecurityCenter installed perfectly, but not this new version.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 10

Exactly where are you installing this from?

namelessIT
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

I'm installing from the Mcafee Website via My Account. I've also tried downloading the DMSetup.exe to my computer and execute as Administrator, but still wouldn't work.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 10

Try running the free versions of these two tools. Update them before running and let them remove anything they find. Reboot immediately if asked to.

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

It's possible that malware is preventing anything from installing.

namelessIT
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

After trying all the things you've suggested it still didn't work and I gave up yesturday. This morning I was going to call up Mcafee for help but I thought I'd just login and try again, it worked!!!. I don't know what had happened, but it wouldn't work before. Now everything is back to normal, I've got all my anti-virus, firewall and everything else re-installed again.

Thanks anyway Ex_Brit for your help. Much appreciated.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

Isn't that weird, but I'm glad it's OK now.   Good luck.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community