cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elmerfudd
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Scriptsn.dll loading in IIS process

There was a trial version of McAffee on the computer ( sorry version unknown)  but this has been removed. Now we see that in IIS  C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll is attempting to load when any ASP script is run in IIS (w3wp.exe)  but  this file does not exist.

Is there a Filter Driver that C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll  is associated with ?

How can we prevent this from attempting to load if this does not exist ?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Scriptsn.dll loading in IIS process

HI,

This .dll file is a Browser Helper Object (BHO) that runs automatically every time you start your Internet browser.there are even certain malaware which pretend themselves as scriptsn.dll's . If you run an active antivirus software in the system , make a full system scan to check for any infections.

note moving thread to home general discussion

Thanks,

Dinesh K

Elmerfudd
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

The problem was due to the fact that McAfee's scriptsn.dll  overwrote the following registry which should be pointing Vbscript.dll  and when uninstalled  the regsitry was not restored to point to Vbscript.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11cf-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}\InprocServer32
    (Default)    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll

MaheshCJ
Contributor III
Message 4 of 6

Hi Elmerfudd,

Step 1  :

Try running the MCPR3 tool from the link

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Restart the computer.

Step 2 :

Check for any McAfee entries in IE under Manage Add-ons

( Open IE -> Tools -> Internet options -> Programs -> Manage Addons )

Disable the same.

Step 3 :

Click Start -> Run -> MsConfig -> Services -> Uncheck all McAfee Entries

Go to Start up on the Top tool bar -> Uncheck all McAfee Entries

Click on Apply - > Closed -> Restart

Check if the problem still persists.

Regards

Mahesh CJ

Elmerfudd
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Thanks ,

We fixed the issue by exporting the correct key from another machine and merging it on the affected system .

Will this tool clean up any other remaining entries that were left behind after the uninstall ?

guanogerbil
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Hi Mahesh,

After running my Visual Basic 5 program, I get the error message "PDF GUI - Run time error 2147467259 (800004005)" after trying to print to Bullzip PDF printer.

I only get this message after deleting the McAfee which has just expired, and as it works again after restoring computer back to before deleting McAfee, I thought I'd finally found the solution in your very clear instructions.

I'm still geting the same error unfortunately. Anything else I can try? I'm using Vista.

I've spent two days on this already, so any low-tech help would be very much appreciated!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community