Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thecreator
Contributor II
Message 81 of 108

Re: Scheduled Scan not working

Hi northernva2000,

To find your User ID Temp Folder, you need to Show Hidden Files and Folders in Folder Options.

C:\Users\northernva2000\AppData\Local\Temp

C:\Windows\Temp2011-08-30 - Show Hidden Files.jpg

northernva2000
Former Member
Message 82 of 108

thecreator,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  work has been busy and took me away from this fix.  I plan on doing all your recommendations this weekend.  I do have a question, is the McAfee "Clean Tool" used after "Add and Remove Program"?  I read the link you had above and it said to uninstall using the Windows Consumer Product Removal Tool MCPR.  Or does McAfee Clean Tool removes all the things McAfee related?

I guess if I still had Norton, I do that same step, right?  Used "Add and Remove Programs" first and then use Norton Clean Tool, right?

Thanks,

northernva2000

northernva2000
Former Member
Message 83 of 108

Also, how do I "Run Disk Cleanup"?  Is that another tool?

Peacekeeper
Message 84 of 108

The add/remove is used first then MCPR then reboot and reinstall.

If you used the MCPR only your account takes days to reset itself. Using add/remove first everything is fine account wise. I found that out recently myself.

Disk cleanup is a windows utility found in start - program files - accessories - system tools and disk cleanup.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 9/09/11 4:12:07 PM
northernva2000
Former Member
Message 85 of 108

Thanks Peacekeeper.  Now that I have all the instructions, I am going to follow each step.  Do you all know if this solution has worked?  I noticed I am the only one active in this thread and the others are no longer responding.

Peacekeeper ---> Has anything been mentioned in your meetings with McAfee people?

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 86 of 108

Hi northernva2000,

It seems that the old Norton Programmers got jobs with McAfee and that may be the reason for the poor performance of McAfee, while people who buy and try Norton, really like the product. Just my opinion. Because of what I see and read from reviews. You never see McAfee advertised on TV, but I see Stop-Sign advertised on TV.

> Do you all know if this solution has worked?

If it doesn't work, repeat the process, but right before you install McAfee again, Download and install a Trial Version of TuneUp Utilites 2011 from http://www.tune-up.com/download/ and install it. Clean Registry from Optimize now Tab. Reboot and reinstall McAfee.

Peacekeeper
Message 87 of 108

The issue is not common really only a few saying scheduled scan cannot be or stay enabled so a ful;l clean out and reinstall worth a try.

Reboot after following the http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

faq and then run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

Morton enough with the norton comments

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 11/09/11 12:27:53 PM
northernva2000
Former Member
Message 88 of 108

creator and Peacekeeper,

I just wanted to thank you for all your help again on this matter.  Here is a thought (since my netbook is fairly new and I haven't done much to it until I fix this McAfee issue), what if I do a "factory reset" instead of uninstalling McAfee and using the McAfee Cleaner Tool and doing a Run Disk Cleaup.  So once the netbook is back to it's original state, I just use "Add and Remove Programs" for Norton and use Norton Clean Tool (per creator) AND then install McAfee.  Do you think that will work?

>>>>>If it doesn't work, repeat the process, but right before you install McAfee again, Download and install a Trial Version of TuneUp Utilites 2011 from http://www.tune-up.com/download/ and install it. Clean Registry from Optimize now Tab. Reboot and reinstall McAfee.>>>>>

the creator ---> Is TuneUp Utilities similar to CClearner?  I've used CClearner before and that should also "Clean Registry" right?

Thanks,

northernva2000

northernva2000
Former Member
Message 89 of 108

the creator,

One more thing.  you gave me this to fully uninstall Norton

>>>>>

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=200807101 33834EN&ln=en_US

Find the version of Norton you had and download the Clean Tool.>>>>>

However, do you recommend any other uninstaller software that would remove all of Norton or any other programs that I want to eventually get rid off?

Peacekeeper ---> Feel free to chime in.  You both have been helpful.

Peacekeeper
Message 90 of 108

The restore factory reset option fine by me.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community