cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthiks
Former Member
Message 11 of 17

Re: Scanning problems

I think it is the time to contact support, there are some tools we have to use in your machine to check the cause of the issue. If you contact tech support, they will try with the tools and will perform some advanced steps which helps to fix the problem

Michael90501
Former Member
Message 12 of 17

Interesting. I am having a similar issue with the same (latest) update to Mcafee. Custom Scan will not run (Full and Quick Scan work fine) and Real-Time scanning keeps disabling itself. There were no issues until the update occurred.

Where is quality control at McAfee? That should not be a foriegn term.

I have been on the phone with mcAfee service techs (they even upped me to a "higher" level tech). They have been on my computer for 5 hours today. There has been 2 complete uninstalls (including running MCPR 2 times) and 2 complete reinstalls. A third tech (higher level) wanted to uninstall and reinstall a third time. imagine that. Unfortunately the issue is still not resolved. They're going to "try" again tomorrow.

I have been using mcAfee scan since it was shareware, back in 1982. Lately, over the last few years, the quality of both the product and the support has deteriorated. The automatic updates have created more problems (for me, and others I read about) than they have fixed. I cringe everytime I see McAfee is installing updates. This is a terrible way to run a business.

This problem is not my first. Not in the least. I have spent more time over the last 5 years "tending" to McAfee isssues than I have any other piece of software I use. Perhaps it is time to end this 31 year relationship. Do I hear kaspersky calling?

Sorry to hear you have run into the same McAfee Black-Hole, but don't expect them to resolve it anytime soom. Even if they do, the next update will keep you pulling out hair.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 13 of 17

Hi,

I have seen that your issue has been elevated to level 2 McAfee, please update your issue outcome so that I can try my best to assist.

iceyshore
Former Member
Message 14 of 17

I had a feeling it would come to that.  Thaks for your help, Karthik.  I'm sorry to hear people are having similar issues, best of luck.

Michael90501
Former Member
Message 15 of 17

I closed the McAfee support case, by choice! I was due a call-back from level-2 Techs (for the last 4 days). I had specifically requested to be called between 8 and 11 am PST. One tech called me at 6:30 pm, the second called at 5:30 pm, and the third called at 12:00 pm (all PST). To each one I explained they needed to call within the requested time frame. Not one did. Amazing that one can become a Level-2 McAfee technician but still not be able to tell time. Nice.

Before calling McAfee Tech Support, I had uninstalled and reinstalled myself. Then 2 other techs did the same -- 1 was a Level-2). Now the third (Level-2) tech wanted to (believe it or not) uninstall and reinstall again. I refused and cancelled the support case request. I'm done with McAfee.

I have been a developer for 35 years, and in that 35 years I have not uninstalled/re-installed any software as much as I have McAfee over the years. That method for "fixing" issues indicates, to me, shabby quality control at the development level. Enough is enough. Bye, Bye McAfee.

Unfortunately, I'm left with software that does not work with all features. So be it. I can do all scans BUT a Custom Scan. No biggie. I can live with that until I find a replacement.

mmaier
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

I get the same problem, under the same circumstances.

I have done uninstall - MCRP - and install new the "McAfee Total Protection" Product.

I also execute sam of your recommendations, nothing has changed.

Environment:

Operating System:Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition (Build 2600)
Service Pack:Service Pack 3.0
Language:0407
Internet Explorer Version:8.0
Internet Explorer Language:de
System Drive Type:NTFS

Product Name:McAfee SecurityCenter
Product Version:12.1.253
Language:de

Last Update                                             20.01.2013 

Product Name:McAfee Anti-Virsus u. Anti-Spyware
Product Version:16.1.144
Last Update:23.01.2013

Scan-Modulversion                                   1413.0

Scan-Modul create data                            22.01.2013

Product Name:McAfee Personal Firewall
Product Version:13.1.127
Language:de

Last Update                                             20.01.2013

I think, for such Informationtransfer , the Info-Dialog of "McAfee Total Protection"  should have the copyability by

strg + c or by a contextmenue.

In hope of a solution before my subscription is out of date (March).

Regards,

Manfred Maier

Nachricht geändert durch mmaier on 23.01.13 08:24:16 CST
mmaier
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Hi Karthiks,

is this Problem in a pipeline-soloution or does

McAfee ignore this behavior.

Don't ask me for contact the support people,

all the advice have i done by my self, nothing has chenged.

I'm full agree with Michael90501, this kind of software is not korrect tested,

because the finale test will be done by the customers, and this is shit.

Regard

Manfred

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community