Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom26
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Saved URLs not working in MS Word 2007

Jump to solution

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this question,anyway just a bit of concern has urged me to ask it here.Recently I saved some useful urls(hyperlinks) to some websites in a ms word document.I accessed those websites a few days ago but suddenly those saved links are not working.Whenever I click on them a message is being shown " Cannot download the information you requested ". Is this problem anyway related to the mcafee firewall?A  few days ago my Mcafee firewall has got updated so can it be responsible for this problem?If anyone knows how to fix this problem then please post it here.

Everything has been  working fine apart from this problem.I also don't remember whether this problem has been occuring after the mcafee firewall update.Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: tom26 on 2/6/13 8:12:53 AM CST
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tom26
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Re: Saved URLs not working in MS Word 2007

Jump to solution

Suddenly it has started working as it used to be 3 weeks ago.Why it stopped suddenly and how it is working again is a big mystery.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Try opening Firewall in SecurityCenter then Internet Connections for Programs.

Hint:  Click the word Program at the top to rearrange them alphabetically.

Locate Microsoft Word and make sure it has full permission.

Also make sure your browser has full permission.

tom26
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Both MS word and my browsers are given full access and net guard is also kept ON for them.Any other suggestion please?Should i uninstall and reinstall ms office?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Is this article anhy help?

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/help-hyperlinks-urls-are-not-being-properly-displayed-in-word-200...

Other than that all I can suggest is contact Technical Support directly via the link under Useful Links or McAfee Support at the top of this page.  It's free by phone or online chat.

tom26
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Thank u for ur replies,the problem still persists.I have uninstalled and reinstalled ms office still the same problem persists.Last week it was fine,suddenly how come it has happened I really don't know.I think ms word is somehow unable to open the browser on clicking the link.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Well if you think McAfee is to blame open a case with Technical Support as I already suggested.

tom26
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Suddenly it has started working as it used to be 3 weeks ago.Why it stopped suddenly and how it is working again is a big mystery.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

How bizarre.   There are some things in Windows that will forever remain a mystery to me I'm afraid.

Glad it's OK now.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community