cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xaethon
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Reset Total Protection Licenses?

I have sort of gone over the license limit, i did a clean install over our three computers, and now i can't redownload it onto all of them. I didn't know about having to uninstall it, so didn't bother.

Is there a way it can be reset?

Thanks

4 Replies
user_135799
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Reset Total Protection Licenses?

Hi,

I may I know what is the product you are having ? Is it 1-User Mcafee Total Protection (or)  3-User Mcafee Total Protection ?

May I know the reason for the redownload of mcafee ?

Now mcafee is present the the computers

Please reply to the above questions, I'm happy to help you.

Xaethon
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

The three User Mcafee Total Protection is the one I have.

I had it all installed on three computers, but just got that family windows seven collection which gives three licenses for the computers, so just did a clean install on all the computer.

I did manage to download it on two of them, but when i came to the main computer in the house it says I need to buy more.

Is it possible to get it all reset, so the computers with it currently on will not work, then i just re-add the subscription to it, and will be back at the three licenses as it was bought for?

Thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

Xaethon, the UK Customer Service people would sort that out for you.

Click Customer Service under the Useful Links at the top of the page or here.

Best method to contact them would be by phone or oinline Chat.

MikeStahl
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I've had this problem multiple times. Considering all the reasons one might have to re-install McAfee 3-user IS (MS Wnidows is always buggy and I've had to re-install it multiple times.), McAfee should figure out some way to fix this without going through the hassle of contacting customer support. My suggestion would be : instead of telling me to "buy more!" open a window that allows me to send a msg to support telling them why I'm re-installing, giving it a high priority with a quick re-set of my account, which is what they would do if I went through the hassle of going to chat (which requires the running of MVT) and waiting for the chat. Given McAfee has programmers smart enougn to wroite good anti-virus software, that should be a snap to them.

Today my ISP claimed McAfee is causeing a problem I'm having and I had to un-install it to prove to them that it wasn't McAfee's fault. I've gotten that msg before and have still been able to do a new download. In those cases, I've just ignored the message and my account seems to straighten itself out.

Mike

Message was edited by: Mike Stahl on 9/4/10 1:36:53 AM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community