Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saiwong
Contributor II
Message 1 of 4

Renewing McAFee Antivirus Plus

Jump to solution

Hello,

When I purchased my laptop PC several years ago it came with McAfee LiveSafe.

I didn't want this, so after the trial period expired I uninstalled it and replaced it with
McAFee Antivirus Plus.

The last time I needed to renew. I entered the 25 digit activation code and I ended up with two subscriptions. One was my existing subscription that was about to expire and the other the new subscription that I'd just setup.

I phoned support and went through the steps of downloading the tool “Subdbfix”. This fixed my issue.

Now it is time to renew again. I have already been given a new 1 year subscription as a gift and would like to be able to renew correctly.

I have looked through the notes I made last year and would like to ask if this is the correct procedure to perform

(1) wait for current subscription to expire

(2) Add new CODE (to create another subscription). run SubDbFix.exe then select new subscription.
then check subscription date and finally verify subscription.

Is this correct way to renew ?

thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Re: Renewing McAFee Antivirus Plus

Jump to solution

@saiwong wrote:

This may be an issue that McAfee needs to look at because the Renew button always tries to renew the initial McAfee product installed rather than the McAfee product you are currently using. 

Noted, will pass it on.

@saiwong wrote:

However, I want to renew McAFee Antivirus Plus with the new activation code I've been given.

So in this situation are the following steps correct :

(2a) From McAfee Antivirus Plus : My Info->Goto my account (which launches website)

(2b) from website My Account->Redeem your retail card

(3a) If the subscription is incremented by a year, then I have completed renewal

(3b) If I end up with 2 Antivirus Plus subscriptions use SubDBfix.exe for correcting the product

Correct ?

Yes, correct.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @saiwong

Generally the renewal process goes like this, your subscription will near expiry > you'll click the Renew button from within the product > Add Payment info > Pay and confirm > Verify subscription 

But here I suppose you have a new Activation code. If this code is for AntiVirus Plus purchased from same dealer then the term of subscription will increment by a year.

If the activation code is for a different product (for instance McAfee LiveSafe) then you have to activate and run the SubDBfix.exe for correcting the product.

HTH

saiwong
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

>>>>

Generally the renewal process goes like this, your subscription will near expiry > you'll click the Renew button from within the product > Add Payment info > Pay and confirm > Verify subscription 

>>>>

When I click on the Renew button it always tries to renew McAfee LiveSafe (because this was what was installed when I purchased the laptop PC). This may be an issue that McAfee needs to look at because the Renew button always tries to renew the initial McAfee product installed rather than the McAfee product you are currently using. 

However, I want to renew McAFee Antivirus Plus with the new activation code I've been given.

(2a) From McAfee Antivirus Plus : My Info->Goto my account (which launches website)

(3a) If the subscription is incremented by a year, then I have completed renewal

(3b) If I end up with 2 Antivirus Plus subscriptions use SubDBfix.exe for correcting the product

Correct ?

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

@saiwong wrote:

This may be an issue that McAfee needs to look at because the Renew button always tries to renew the initial McAfee product installed rather than the McAfee product you are currently using. 

Noted, will pass it on.

@saiwong wrote:

Correct ?

Yes, correct.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community