cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EGS
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Renewed McAfee Total Protection; are "Available Features" FREE?

Hello McAfee community!

I'm a loyal McAfee user & furthermore recommend it to all of my forum members, fellow Internet users, as well as family & friends. I have renewed my McAfee Total Protection, upgrading it to McAfee Total Protection 2010 (found a price deal on PriceGrabber.com selling it for $29.98), and have the following "Available Features" that I can download & enable:

• McAfee Online Back-Up, powered by Mozy
  • McAfee Quick Clean & Shredder

Earlier this month I was reading an article on Neowin.net about two ladies suing McAfee for billing them for features & services that they "enabled," not knowing nor told that these services were "premium services" by McAfee. So these ladies basically just enabled these services in McAfee & their accounts were instantly billed, without any notification or confirmation/verification, and billed monthly at that under a discrete name/service.

Now I don't want to be billed for anything by McAfee as the deals I get to continue using McAfee Total Protection empty out my wallet enough as it is. That is why I'm asking whether or not the above-posted available services are free to download, enable, & use? They sound like great services and it would suck if they are not included for users that are using McAfee Total Protection - it just seems odd that if they are available for us Total Protection users/customers, then why was/is not pre-included with the software?

Also, if I already use the FREE MozyHome back-up tool/service, will it conflict if I use McAfee Online Back-up, since it's powered by Mozy? Can I use both of them at once or do I have to choose one or the other? Which one is better - the one I am using "MozyHome" is FREE with 2.5GB of space. If the above available service provided by McAfee by Mozy isn't free, forget it...MozyHome is free. If it's not more than 2.5GB, than how is it provided by Mozy when Mozy offers more? How much space is provided?

Here's a reference by the way as the cool thing about MozyHome:

Free PC Data Back-Up is that if you refer people to use it, both you AND your referral get an extra 0.5GB of space.

I hope that the online-back up service provided by Mozy for McAfee is more space than MozyHome so I don't have to keep referring people. I also hope both the back-up service and quick cleaner/shredder are free for us Total Protection users.

Waiting for reply with thorough answers & explanations, from both/either users, & McAfee staff!

------

<b>Justice McCay</b>

<br />

CEO of Game Monarch, LLC

<br />

<strong><a href="http://www.gamemonarch.com/" title="MMORPG Gaming" style="font-weight: bold;">MMORPG Gamer Community</a> - <a href="http://www.egamingsupply.com/cheap-power-leveling" title="Cheap Power Leveling" style="font-weight: bold;">Cheap Power Leveling</a> - <a href="http://www.egamingsupply.com/mmorpg-market" title="Accounts" style="font-weight: bold;">Accounts</a></strong>

Edited for long link

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/04/10 6:49:29 EDT PM

Message was edited by: EGS on 4/28/10 12:51:08 PM CDT
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Renewed McAfee Total Protection; are "Available Features" FREE?

The Mozy backup varies by package:  1gb free for Internet Security Suite and 2gb free for Total Protection.

Unlimited online storage if the product is bought seperately.

Quickclean and Shredder are free utilities and simply need to be setup to work.

I don't recommend using two versions of the same software, if that is indeed even possible.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/04/10 6:52:31 EDT PM
EGS
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Please now check out my new thread: Where to download the McAfee Quick Clean & Shredder Utility?

advertising links removed

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/04/10 2:28:06 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Done...no advertising please.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community