Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Furagi
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Remove devices from account

Hello,

I have reinstalled Windows on several machines, after a virus attack. Now I have several old, unused  devices in my account. How can I remove them from my account? 

Thank you!

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Re: Remove devices from account

Contact support they can remove them or wait and they will go in 90 days or so.. I also thought that you can do that within your account but as I have a trial that type of account does not allow it. Have a look.

Furagi
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I have one old device in my account since at least two years or so. They don't disappear...It's very odd they don't have a regular removal option. Ppl replace their machines all the time.  

Thanks however. I shall contact support. 

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 5

@Furagi wrote:

I have one old device in my account since at least two years or so. They don't disappear...

The security suite needs to be removed properly for this to work. If there are situations that the PC is formatted without removing from control panel then these issues occur. Reason is that the uninstall signal is not sent back to our Servers resulting in a corrupt entry.

Furagi
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Understand, thank you. 

Problem is, that ppl. don't usually uninstall any Software, if they need to reformat their systems. Or in case of a complete breakdown. I'd think McAfee should consider a "remove" option in the accounts. 

German support is currently taking care of my case. Thanks for your answer though..

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community