cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5

Remove McUICnt.exe

I do not have any McAfee programs under Control Panel, Programs so how do i remove this file from my notification panel?

Or how do i remove McAfee completely by ensuring that there are no more hidden files?

Untitled.png.jpg

4 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Remove McUICnt.exe

Moved to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

It looks as though at one point in time you had Livesafe Installed? Anyhow try following these Guidelines/Instructions;How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool

Hope this helps

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

I tried with the removal tool. The icon is still there and there are residual mcafee files in my laptop

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

You rebooted afterwards? Check if you inadvertently installed McAfee Security Scan Plus, it's a free tool that sometimes is an optional download with other software, Adobe for instance.  Uninstall it if you see it in Programs and Features.

Otherwise locate it on your hard drive and delete it either by doing a search in Windows File Explorer or in the registry.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community