Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsakpaul
Contributor II
Message 1 of 6

Refund request please

Hi!

My subsciption just auto-renewed, but I would like to request for a refund and a cancellation of my subscription, please. 

I can't call the support line (US number) and there are no options to deal with this online, so I'm asking for help here.

Thank you in advance,

Pavlos

5 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 6

Re: Refund request please

Hi @tsakpaul 

Greetings from McAfee.

We're sorry to inform you that we don't have an option to initiate refund through the community, so we recommend that you contact our consumer support using the below link.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards,
Edward Franso

tsakpaul
Contributor II
Message 3 of 6

Hello!

I can't contact theconsumer support using the given link, because it redirects to a phone call. I can't reach that US number from Europe.

So, I'd like to repeat my request for a refund. I turned off auto-renewal, but I got charged with the fees. My card was expired, so I didn't expect this charge. I don't need the Mcafee protection anymore (new machine). 

Thank you in advance!

tsakpaul
Contributor II
Message 4 of 6

Hey there,

It's been 2 weeks and no solution yet. All this time I read other customers with the same problem going circles with no actual help from McAfee. The same answer all over again frustrating people. McAfee seems intentionally closing all avenues for anyone trying to cancel the subscription.  This is not an acceptable practice and against the Terms and Conditions of use. 

Getting money without really our approval and not returning them is clearly illegal. Unfortunately, if you don't provide me with a solution during the next days (consider this an one week notice), I will have to take other measures. I'm willing and planning to send a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission (for defraud) and  I will have to also open a Fraud case with the bank. Finally, I will reach my country's Police Directorate of electronic crime prosecution and file a report for electronic crime.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Thank you...

tsakpaul
Contributor II
Message 5 of 6

Hey,

How professional of you to delete my latest post stating that I've sent a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission (Report number: 156195102) and contacted with my bank and my country's Police Directorate of electronic crime prosecution.

Looking forward for your actions towards a solution concerning my refund...

Thank you so much.

Venkat_YM
Message 6 of 6

Hi @tsakpaul 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly check the private message for further details.

Regards,
Venkat

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community