cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Golfdog333
Contributor III
Message 1 of 7

Refund problems

For those who have had problems getting refunds, in the U.S. I suggest submitting a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission.  In the UK, submit a complaint to the Competition and Markets Authority.  McAfee was found non-compliant in 2021 by the UK and it doesn’t seem they’ve changed.

6 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 7

Re: Refund problems

Hi @Golfdog333,

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly check the private message for further details.

Regards,
Venkat

Golfdog333
Contributor III
Message 3 of 7

And I sent you a reply.  I know the FTC won’t act quickly, I have proceeded to open a case with them alleging fraud on the part of McAfee.  I have at least 8 instances where fake RA numbers were sent to me, at least four fake emails that indicated problem resolution, and at least 6 direct lies by McAfee customer support staff, including one who told me outright McAfee has no intention of refunding my money.  That to me is fraud on the part of McAfee.  On 24 different occasions I have been promised a return call, and really have no expectations you will actually call.

AnnaP
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I bought the Safe Connect too on 8.13.22. It worked for one day and never worked again. I called and can never get hold of anyone and tried chat and was referred back to the number to called. How come there is no live chat or email to submit for a refund or complaint. I filed complaint via my credit card company to get this resolved.

Golfdog333
Contributor III
Message 5 of 7

Contact their Customer Support number within 60 days of purchase, and make sure you log your case number (if they don’t offer it ask directly).  Log that number and ask for confirmation of your request via email.  Be sure to contact your credit card company and challenge the charge.  If McAfee won’t reverse the charge or issue a refund, if you’re in the U.S. contact the Federal Trade Commission and ask they open a fraud investigation.  McaFee is terrible on issuing refunds, just do a quick search through these community pages and look at the number of complaints.

MaHlongwane
Contributor II
Message 6 of 7

This number cannot go through help
AnnaP
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I can't get a live person to talk to, so the number listed is useless. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community