cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blueknight
Former Member
Message 71 of 231

Re: Received DCOM shutdown immed. after today's update.

do you have a screenshot so i can see exactly where i can tell, thanks

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 72 of 231

If you double-click your M icon (on the taskbar, by your clock) it will open the securitycenter. From there you can click Navigation (top-right corner) and About (on the left). Scroll down to the section called VirusScan and it will tell you your DAT version.

Sorry, I can't post a screen shot right at the moment.

meleaky
Former Member
Message 73 of 231

Any ideas on why I cant get this fix to work?  The only thing I was able to do was delete the dat file.  😞

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 74 of 231

We'll need to do some troubleshooting. I've sent you an email directly, please reply with the contact info and I'll get someone to take a look at it for you!

Mistral
Former Member
Message 75 of 231

Hi, it seems that I'm exactly in the same situation as Meleaky. I cannot paste the file on my computer.

Could you please help me?

Thanks.

zandoodle
Former Member
Message 76 of 231

Hoping for help aswell after spending 5 hrs on this so far. I cannot get anything to work. Gone through the safe mode options on page 1 but says cannot locate files etc. As per last poster I cannot paste the file from my usb.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 77 of 231

Hi zandoodle,

Are you able to restart the affect computer in safe mode. Also let us know whether do we receive any errors while copying the files to the USB.

Regards,

Dinesh K

zandoodle
Former Member
Message 78 of 231

Hi,

Im in safe mode. Have the file on usb. Like others before I havent got a toolbar so no start/programs option. Ive gone into my folders through the task manager, can copy the file but then cannot paste it anywhere.

Managed to get as far as "welcome to the mcafee superdat wizard" and this happens:

click next, runs a few things then says "error;unable to write to this file".

Message was edited by: zandoodle on 22/04/10 08:01:57 CDT
uurerhal
Former Member
Message 79 of 231

I have a problem like this ı can't see connection's I can't do anythink I use 8.7 i version

EHAM
Former Member
Message 80 of 231

I've got the same problems: can't paste anything, neither in normal mode nor in safe mode. Also the svchost.exe files can't be found when doing the search in the CMD.

McAfee better come with a good solution for this real soon .

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community