cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheungtoto
Former Member
Message 101 of 231

Re: Received DCOM shutdown immed. after today's update.

Somer,

I really appreciate your effort on helping us. However, I have tried all the method, they don't for me. In fact, I got the same situation as Bryan. What can I do

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 102 of 231

Can you go ahead and give our support a call? In the US and Canada the number is 866-622-3911. If you and Bryan are having an issue we haven't seen before, we've got to get an escalation going.

cheungtoto
Former Member
Message 103 of 231

Sorry, I am  not in USA or Canada. It's a bit difficult for me to call internationally.

I think my problem is I can't copy and paste the file SDAT_5958_EM on the computer simply using the copy and paste function. Anything I can do to copy it onto my computer?

cheungtoto
Former Member
Message 104 of 231

When I try to run the file on the USB, a error occur(In safe mode). Now my husband is trying to run it in normal mode. It is now running, but there is a msg under the bar: error obtaining full permission for cleanup. Some products may not be fully remove. And it stopped running.

chrisarella
Former Member
Message 105 of 231

Thanks for the Help, but I am trying to fix this from a corporate computer, and my version of McAfee doesn't have a DAT folder, or a VirusScan Folder for that matter. I do have "C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise" but no DAT folder is present. Is there another workaround?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 106 of 231

Have you tried copying it in a command prompt safe mode?

1. Boot into safe mode and open a command prompt window (ctrl+shift+esc, file, new task, CMD <enter>).
  2. Type CD\ <press enter>. This should put you at a C:\> prompt.
  3. Change to the directory the removable media is located (for example, if it's on a CD, and your CD drive is D:\>, type the command below:

cd d: <press enter>
  4. This should put you at the D:\>. Type the command below:

copy sdat5958_em.exe c:\sdat5958_em.exe <press enter>
  5. type the command below:

cd c: <press enter>
  6. type: sdat5958_em.exe <press enter>

Let me know if that worked.

Please note the filename is SDAT5958_EM.EXE

Message was edited by: Somer Pyron on 4/22/10 10:58:04 AM CDT
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 107 of 231

There is, and it's a little different for Corporate. Here's a link: KB68780

cheungtoto
Former Member
Message 108 of 231

I tried. I can copy the file to c:\. However, when i run the file, a msg occur: Error:Can't open the specified registry key. Not enough rights or key does not exist: Line: 17

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 109 of 231

Do you have the abillity to login with an Administrator account?

user_112035
Former Member
Message 110 of 231

yup I launched the program in safe mode and I got that error message. and it was an admin account.

just got off chatting with you global chat help thingy. This dude called Suman. Funny fella. Anyway, after asking me a shit load of redundent questions he said that he has to revert me to a senior tech and will get back to me within 24hrs LOL. Is that senior tech other people like you Somer? Anyway told him dont bother and ended the convo cause it was getting nowhere.

Alright. So seriously, what do I do now. Your tool clearly doesnt have a blanket fixing effect for everyone. I basically want to get back being able to copy and paste so I can back up vital files and documents.

What the people at Intel doing since they all use Mcafee. Their techs prob cursing and swearing the entire day haha

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community