cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
precisioncrafte
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Real-Time Scanning: Won't stay on

Recently the Real-Time Scanning will not stay on, the system lets me toggle it on but switches it back off within 2-3 seconds.  Note that trying to toggle this through the Navigator option does not do anything.

1. I am running McAfee LiveSafe (most up-to-date version v16 from memory) - updated following issue

2. I am on Windows 10 - also update following issue

3. I have run MVT (latest version) which doesn't find anything - I don't think it even recognises that I have McAfee installed.

Any suggestions on what to do next?

Is this a known issue?

I have checked most suggestions on this site, and they all seem to end up with uninstalling / re-installing but none of those seem to confirm if that solves anything (in fact some say it doesn't).

Any help / advice will be most welcomed.

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Real-Time Scanning: Won't stay on

Try uninstalling all McAfee products from Control Panel > Programs and Features

Reboot if asked.

Run the MCPR cleanup ,tool and reboot.

Go to your online account and reinstall from there.

ellerhur
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

I had exactly the same issue with real-time scanning. Run MVT which didn't help at all. Then i updated Adobe Flash and McAfee was back to normal.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

That's odd to say the least but yes, keep all add-ons up to date. Flash in particular has auto-update turned on by default, I don't recommend turning that off, if that's the case here.

It's logical to me as we've been told that the operation of the interface depends on an up-to-date Internet Explorer at default settings and any add-ons also up-to-date, regardless of whether or not you ever use the browser.

Thanks for that observation.

---

Peter

alanglevine
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Go to your 'run' (windows+r), type in 'NETSH FIREWALL RESET' and press enter.  This will keep your Mcaffee real time protection from turning off.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

That resets Windows Firewall to its default settings, however with McAfee/Intel consumer suites Windows Firewall is turned off and should remain off, unless in the very rare case where the consumer has refused installation of the software suite's own firewall, which hardly ever happens and is not advisable.

Am locking this thread as I assume it was solved.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community