cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simon76
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Real Time Scanning Keeps Switching Off

Real time scanning keeps turning itself off I try to turn it back on and it turns off again.

If I try to run a scan it stops and says there was an error.

I am running Vista and my laptop is around 3 years old.

I guess a virus or malware got past your softwear and it now stopping it working.

Regards.

Simon.

9 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 10

Re: Real Time Scanning Keeps Switching Off

Did this just start or have you performed a system restore? And are all your windows updates currant?

simon76
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I tried a system restore but this did not help.

All windows updates seem to be upto date.

ConorD62
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Hi Simon76,

Please go to http://mvt.mcafee.com/

And run this.

It should fix your problems.

Thanks.

newjack
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

I was not telling you to do a system restore.I was just asking if you had done one lately.For some reason system restore screws with Mcafee.I don`t know how far back you went.But if you can restore to today or the closest day do that.Then run Mvt that conner posted.It should show you what is wrong.Just click autofix and this should fix your problem.I had this problem the other day.Still never found out what caused it.I guess no one knew.Your Mcafee may not be updating.I know the auto update is not working well on mine.In the future,update from the taskbar icon.

Right click then update.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

Hi Simon,

Are you still encountering any issues with your real time scanner, if yes , please let us know if you have tried running MVT ?

napastoy
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

I am having the same problem and I did not rectly do a System Restore. The problem began occurring after I installed the last McAfee update today. I can no longer access my logs and history and everytime I click on it that feature it causes the computer to freeze up and the internet crashes. I ran the MVT and it found nothing. What was in the 2/10 update that screwed everything up? I have McAfee Security Center 10.5 and last update was today and McAfee Virus Scan version 14.5 and again last update was today 2/10. I am running Vista and Firefox browser. I also have Malwarebytes running.

napastoy
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

I finally turned off the Real Time Scanning and then again ran MVT to see if it would notice anything that way. It did. It noticed the scanning was off and another issue. It got the real time scanning back on but could not fix the other issue.

Your McAfee Virtual Technician                                     
Session ID:                                     30796872

Dinz
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

napastoy wrote:

I finally turned off the Real Time Scanning and then again ran MVT to see if it would notice anything that way. It did. It noticed the scanning was off and another issue. It got the real time scanning back on but could not fix the other issue.

Could you please let us know what was the other issue faced ?? Along with some of your system information;

What operating system?

Any other security software installed ?
Any pop-ups/alerts due to a malware activity ?

napastoy
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Umm..I think I already answered most of these questions in my first post. As for the problem the MVT couldn't fix...wouldn't the report log number I posted let you look into that?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community