cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smoothieusa
Contributor II
Message 1 of 2

Real-Time Scan PC Restart Notification

Have McAfee Total Protection. McAfee window is popping up regularly on desktop saying, "We're having trouble turning on Real-Time Scanning.... Restart PC".

However, when I open McAfee Total Protection, the Home screen shows the PC is protected including the antivirus and firewall turned on. However, if I open McAfee Settings and then "Protect My Home Network", the display says My Computer is at risk even though the Home screen says it is protected. 

The above reoccurs after restarting the PC. 

Real Time Scanning starts when my PC starts and I never turn it off. So why is McAfee having trouble turning on Real-Time Scanning and why the warning messages to restart the PC? 

1 Reply
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 2

Re: Real-Time Scan PC Restart Notification

@smoothieusa 

We request you to perform manual update from McAfee by following the below steps and reboot your PC. Check the Real time scan is ON. If issue still persists, kindly remove and reinstall McAfee by following the steps as per our article.

• Right click M icon on the system tray and select Check for updates
  • Let it complete download and installation of updates. Please click Done
  • Reboot the computer

How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows

How to download and install McAfee consumer products

Regards
Siva N

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community