Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GWE
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Questions about prices

Hello--I have a couple of questions regarding prices:

1.  The exact same 3 computer McAfee Internet Security program is available at Wal-mart for $29.99 yet if I simply renew my subscription it is $39.99 on sale and usually $79.00 regular?

2. My cable internet company time/warner offers the following McAfee products for free:--see screen shots--are these the same as I have been paying for and now can get for free? 

Get peace of mind with your FREE McAfee Antivirus and McAfee Family Protection downloads, or upgrade your security with McAfee Total Protection.

SECURE YOUR PC NOW »

Your computer, private information or child’s safety could be at risk. Get peace of mind with your  McAfee Antivirus and McAfee Family Protection downloads, or

McAfee AntiVirus

McAfee Family Protection

• Detects, blocks and removes viruses and spyware from your PC
  • Scans for malicious code on removable storage devices
  • Continuously protects you from emerging threats with automatic updates
  •        Use on up  to three computers
    System Requirements

•        Works with McAfee AntiVirus to protect children from inappropriate content
  •        Includes social networking and YouTube filtering controls
  • Activity reporting provides a complete view of all Internet and IM activity
  •        Use on up to three computers
    System Requirements

your security with McAfee Total Protection.

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Questions about prices

It always helps to shop around for the best price.  

No those products aren't the same as sold by McAfee direct to the public.  

The Antivirus is a stripped down version of 'Antivirus Plus' (which includes more components (Firewall and SiteAdvisor)) and will usually be at least 1 version older than what's available by a direct subscription due to the fact that these 3rd parties (ISP's, PC Makers etc. etc. sometimes sit on the upgrades for sometimes up to a year before releasing them to their customers).  It's not even compatible with Windows 8 according to their website whereas the regular software is.

The Family Protection appears to have similar features to the retail version but is obviously an older version because it doesn't state that it's compatible with Windows 8.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/01/13 8:29:58 EST AM
GWE
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

If I renew my subscription now on line but it does not expire until march/april will it add 1 year to that march/april experiation date or will it just give me a year from the date I renew?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

A year from the date you renew.  Sorry ;-(

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community