cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Question about MBAM outgoing block when checking another member's site?

Jump to solution

Good morning everyone,

In reviewing another forum member's post here on the McAfee site regarding issues with their websites, I copied and pasted their two URL's into my address bar to see if any warnings would appear.  MBAM generated an OUTGOING block for BOTH this particular member's websites.  Hphosts also displays warning messages about both sites having "resolution failures."

Is this indicative of an issue on MY end or with the forum member's website? (When I checked the IP address that access was blocked to, it is shown to be in Russia).

Thanks very much for your time and any enlightenment!

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 2/14/12 7:12:12 AM EST

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 2/14/12 7:15:29 AM EST
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Question about MBAM outgoing block when checking another member's site?

Jump to solution

I have no idea - you would have to ask this on  MBAM's forum:  http://forums.malwarebytes.org//

This isn't MBAM Pro is it?  Not recommended with McAfee products, only the FREE one is as per my blurb here: https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

I see in the description of Pro one of its features is....

Malicious Website Protection Blocks Access to Known and Zero Day Malicious Web Content

That feasibly could clash with SA whereas WoT (for instance), is OK as another early warning device as it's passive.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/02/12 8:05:28 EST AM

View solution in original post

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

I have no idea - you would have to ask this on  MBAM's forum:  http://forums.malwarebytes.org//

This isn't MBAM Pro is it?  Not recommended with McAfee products, only the FREE one is as per my blurb here: https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

I see in the description of Pro one of its features is....

Malicious Website Protection Blocks Access to Known and Zero Day Malicious Web Content

That feasibly could clash with SA whereas WoT (for instance), is OK as another early warning device as it's passive.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/02/12 8:05:28 EST AM
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Peter,

I had pasted the two URL's in a SA post (which Hayton is currently helping on) into my address bar to see what would happen, and both URL's generated the MBAM outgoing alert I mentioned. (I had a little trouble with SA and uninstalled it, so I don't know if it would have generated an alert).  When I can get it re-installed again, I can try it and see what happens.

Thanks very much for getting back with me!  (As always)

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I just re-wrote my post above so it probably was MBAM...is this MBAM Pro?

spc3rd
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

I do have MBAM Pro on the computer, but have the real-time scanning turned off...EXCEPT for this one occasion when I turned it on (since I didn't have SiteAdvisor installed).  I know what you'll probably tell me.............admonishment taken!

Best regards again!

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 2/14/12 8:14:02 AM EST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

That would explain it then...it was acting like SA would I guess.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community