cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyM70
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Problems with all downloads from McAfee site (Virus Plus and Chat)

I have recently bought a Dell Inspiron laptop which came with McAfee security centre installed as a 30 day trial and Windows 7. I already have a subscription and account to cover my desktop which expires in August 2010. I therefore did not want to spend another £50 and so bought an additional licence. When I come to download Virus Plus and Security centre, I get an error message saying unable to download from the McAfee download site due to it being unavailable or that it could not be found. I also got a similar message when I tired to download the online chat support software.

Any help to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: Problems with all downloads from McAfee site (Virus Plus and Chat)

Hi,

Due you see any error numbers in the webpage from which you are trying to download mcafee ?

Also let me know what is the type of internet connection we use ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

user_107544
Contributor III
Message 3 of 8

Hi AndyM70,

Please check your system date & time. Correct it if it is incorrect & check the difference.

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support.

AndyM70
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

System Date and Time were correct when I tried the download.

AndyM70
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

No error numbers are given, just a message.

It is a wireless internet connection.

AndyM70
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Problem now resolved, McAfee now successfully installed onto laptop.

rfm99
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Hi Rakesh.

I have a Virus Plus (2009) but apparently it can not fixed my problem with the virus "worm.win32.netsky". Worse, I can not even go to Mcafee website or any website other virus removal software.  Message is "can not access http 501 or 505, sometimes 401.". The virus continue to show up my computer even I do the update in the Virus Plus and even the full scan. The Virus Plus does not see the virus, even my computer continue to show that it is infected of the said virus. I appreciate any help you can extend to me..

Thanks,

Dinz
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

Hi rfm99,

We have provided you a step for your issue in your original thread here,http://community.mcafee.com/message/108208

please stay with your original thread so as some one would be reponding to it at the earliest

Thanks,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community