cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duckie
Former Member
Message 11 of 28

Re: Problems reinstalling and mtv etc ?Please help?

Does this mean that java is required to run McAfee Security programs? Or just to run mvt?

Because I was under the impression that McAfee programs requred Java script, but not Java?

sharpshooter
Contributor
Message 12 of 28

I have installed and run MVT on my W7 PC, MVT cannot find any installed product !!!

I have installed and run MVT on my Vista Ultimate PC, MVT reports 6 issues that cannot be fixed

Should I uninstall my McAfee Total protection and start again with a fresh install ?

Angry

confused10
Former Member
Message 13 of 28

Yes I have Java and I have done any updates and still the same problem I am losing patience now!

Is there any thing else I can do, Is Mcafee working on this issue?

Thank you

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 14 of 28

Hi Confused10,

It appears like this issue needs some more diagnostics, I have sent you an e-mail requesting for more details on the same. Kindly have it replied so that we can help you better on this issue.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 28

sharpshooter wrote:

I have installed and run MVT on my W7 PC, MVT cannot find any installed product !!!

I have installed and run MVT on my Vista Ultimate PC, MVT reports 6 issues that cannot be fixed

Should I uninstall my McAfee Total protection and start again with a fresh install ?

Angry

In certain circumstances that may happen, especially if the software is installed from a 3rd party source perhaps?  Only surmising.

Yes uninstall in the normal way then run MCPR cleanup tool, listed under Useful Links at the toip of the page and reboot then reinstall your product from the online account.

sharpshooter
Contributor
Message 16 of 28

Hi Peter,

The software was purchased and downloaded direct from the Mcafee site with multi licences.

This morning an auto upgrade come thru and I re-booted my Vista machine as recommended.

I then ran MVT again and it gave me 4 registry errors...

I asked MVT to fix the errors and it fixed 3 errors leaving 1 error that it refused to fix

Ran MVT a further time... it would not fix the remaining registry error:

mc snip2.JPG

Any ideas? Dare not touch my W7 PC

SharpShooter

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 28

If the software is working OK why worry?   If not then I suggest you contact Technical Support directly - it's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of the page.

jake32
Former Member
Message 18 of 28

I'm having a simiar issue with my internet connection.  I was unable to connect to the internet, so I went through the document id:  TS101446 to try to get the issue resolved.  Once I uninstalled McAfee, I was able to connect to the internet.  Once I went through the reinstallation, I was unable to connect again.  I verified that the DAT version was 6817 (document said must be later than 6809).  I was on the phone with technical support for hours in the last two days and they have been very rude and unprofessional.

Please help.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 28

It would be very unusual for them to be rude and unprofessional, sure it wasn't a misunderstanding or simply the cultural difference as they are in India?

If the worst comes to the worst try them again and ask for a supervisor.  They are linked under Useful Links at the top of the page and it's free via phone or online chat.

When you uninstalled I assume it was in the normal way via Control Panel.  Then  you must run the MCPR cleanuip tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page and reboot immediately.

Then go to your account page and download from there.   Don't use any CD of the software you may have.

jake32
Former Member
Message 20 of 28

I appreciate the quick response.

I did not run the MCPR cleanup tool, but I will try that tonight after returning home from work.  I am hoping this will solve the issue.  Are there any other documents I should view and/or print while at work to take home to final get this problem solved?  Anything else I am missing or any input you may have?

Thank you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community