cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manojbdeo
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Problems installing/Activating McAfee Anti-Virus Plus from CD

Hi, I purchased this Mcafee Antivirus plus and installed successfully from CD; however, during activation- 1st step: I endorsed 25 digit after scratching the card. 2nd step: given my mail ID and password. Unfortunately it failed with, "the product key you entered does not belong to product you are trying to activate". Not sure, why it denying a scratched activation key.                                                                                                                                      

Thanks in advance for your comment

Manoj

2 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hi, I purchased this Mcafee Antivirus plus and installed successfully from CD; however, during activation- 1st step: I endorsed 25 digit after scratching the card. 2nd step: given my mail ID and password. Unfortunately it failed with, "the product key

Possibly this may help;

Note: I shortened your Subject Header for better clarity.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problems installing/Activating McAfee Anti-Virus from CD

Moved from Community Support to General Discussion >Discussions

As more appropiate..

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community