cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maddy1369
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Problems after installation

I've installed Total Protection. After every update i get a message that my pc is at risk.

The virtual technician can't find any faults and Windows Security Center states "McAfee reports that all component are on". This is the second time now and the problem is still there. I can't get through to support because Virtual Technician says everything's ok. I'm getting fed up with this as i don't know for sure if my pc is protected or not? Can someone at McAfee please contact me by email so we can sort this problem out? Many thanks, Maddy1369

3 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problems after installation

Hi there,

What is the operating system installed ?
Did you have / Do you currently have any other  security software in the PC ?

Do you received any alerts in the computer while going online .

How is the computer connected to internet  ? DSL/Wireless/Cable

Thanks,

maddy1369
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Got windows xp, windows standard security, no alerts when going online and cable connected. Funny, because yesterday i had another update and pc at risk again!

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

This frequent Your PC is at risk alert might pop up , if McAfee security center is nt uptodate or not receive the updates that should have been pending . As far as  I understand , your situation should be the one as above . So , please run the McAfee virtual technician from here : http://mvt.mcafee.com which is an automated tool designed to solve almost half the issues with the product .

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community