Did you mean: 
user_27468
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Problem reinstalling McAfee

Jump to solution

Hi !

I am Windows 10 user.

Since several days I had a problem with real-time scanning which was off. I followed all the steps to try to fix it, but no success. Si I had to finally uninstall McAfee I followed all the steps described in the support document.

Then it came up to installing McAfee back and there was trouble ! I follow all usual steps and when I enter the series number, I have an error message sayong that this number is already used and that I have to shut down my browser and start the download over again. It was the same thing 3-4 times. And when I tryed it again, I have another error message saying that either I have no connection or McAfee server is not available ...

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong with this series number ? And what is the problem with the download ?

Thank you very much in advance !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problem reinstalling McAfee

Jump to solution

Yes the serial number can only be used once.  After that you go to your online account to download the software.

Antivirus Software and Internet Security For Your PC or Mac | McAfee (Change the country at top of page if necessary).

Run the MCPR cleanup tool before trying to reinstall.   That will clean up any remnants of the old software.  Reboot and then try your installation.

If it continues to give trouble then contact Technical Support, it's free of charge

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Yes the serial number can only be used once.  After that you go to your online account to download the software.

Antivirus Software and Internet Security For Your PC or Mac | McAfee (Change the country at top of page if necessary).

Run the MCPR cleanup tool before trying to reinstall.   That will clean up any remnants of the old software.  Reboot and then try your installation.

If it continues to give trouble then contact Technical Support, it's free of charge

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Moved to the General Discussion area as a better spot

---

Peter

user_27468
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello !

Thank you very much for your reply !

These were exactly the steps I followed. But every time I entered a new serial number the system gave me the error message.

I think that it was a bug on McAfee server, because I tried again this morning and it worked perfectly.

Thank you anyways for your quick reply !

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community