cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DouglasQuaid
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Post was moved into an enterprise forum that I don't have access to?

I've been trying to install and configure McAfee VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) on a brand new Windows 10 Pro 21H1-version computer that I have at home. VSE is offered for employees to use on their personal systems where I work, but since I've had non-stop problems with getting it to work (i.e. - DAT files never update and "On-Access Scanning" isn't working and can never be enabled), I decided to post about my problem over in the Consumer Support / VirusScan forum. It was eventually relocated by a mod named "Magesh" over into what appears to be an enterprise forum. I guess since the product has the word "enterprise" in its title, it needs to be in the enterprise forum. Fine.

But the original post that I made was here and as you can see in the original thread, it was moved over into forums.mcafee.com/t5/Enterprise-Archive-Board, which is fine except that I don't have an account over in that forum and I've never been able to get a clear explanation about what I need to do to get one as when I try to use my account on here, the login never works and clicking on the link that Magesh posted results in a "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action," error message.

Does anyone around here know how to get to that site? Because of all these hassles, from a shoddy product that doesn't seem to work at all to the headaches I'm going through just to reach out for help, I'm beginning to lean towards using a different company for anti-virus needs. This has been a nightmare.

4 Replies
DouglasQuaid
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Post was moved into an enterprise forum that I don't have access to?

Never mind. I've decided to completely wash my hands of McAfee and use a different product.

AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 5

Hi @DouglasQuaid,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused, this forum is completely dedicated to consumer product related queries which is why your previous post was moved to the appropriate channel. We understand you have had issues in accessing the enterprise page, we recommend you to kindly register and create an account on community.mcafee.com for enterprise product related queries.

Thanks,

Avinash.

BL
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

My first post asking for help was moved to a board I don't have access to, and the mod who moved it hasn't bothered replying to my message asking for help. Sadly I don't have the option to use something else as it is dictated by my IT department, but this seems very cavalier of mods to move requests for help to boards users can't access. They basically seem to just ignore issues and don't want others to know there are issues. 

BL
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Actually, it seems my post has vanished altogether. Nice work! I'll try to find help somewhere else. This is pathetic!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community