cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottz013
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Pop Up - Lower Right Corner - How do I remove it?

I am getting this pop up about every hour. I cannot figure a way to prevent it. It asks what would I like to do? Learn more or close. Both options were tried and don't prevent it from popping up. I tried going to Navigation-> General Settings and Alerts-> Informational Alerts->  and uncheck informational alerts but I get an error (see below). I know my Mcafee is through my Optimum Online service, but they do not seem to know what to do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Popup.pngInfo.png

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Pop Up - Lower Right Corner - How do I remove it?

It looks like Optimum is powering that via the McAfee interface.   The drop-down menu in the left picture, is there an option there not to show it again?

BTW generally there is no option to stop ads unless given that option at the time the ad appears, however, as Optimum is a company I'm not familiar with their rules may be different.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

Moved to Consumer > General as a better spot.

SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

With products provided by the ISPs, the rules about adverts are defined by them - not by McAfee, so if there's no "don't show me this again" in the dropdown then there's no way to opt out of their advertising (with their ?free? version anyway).

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community