cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timothyb196
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Pop Up Ads, General Dissatisfaction

Once again, I'd like to complain about McAfee's decision to stop allowing it's customers to email customer support. Once again I'm forced to use this public forum to talk about my problems with McAfee. I turned off auto-renewal for a reason. I don't want my account charged money without my permission. Yet, every day, and I mean EVERY DAY, I get pop up ads on my computer telling me to turn on auto renewal. You've even gone to the length of turning off some of the features on my McAfee because I have auto renewal off. I can't use VPN, because I won't turn on auto renewal. I can't use the identity protection, because I have auto renewal turned off. I have spent the morning browsing for other anti virus programs, and I think instead of McAfee, when my subscription expires I'm going with Kaspersky. After all, they can't possible annoy me any more than McAfee. It's sad to have been a customer for so long and have to go elsewhere, but I've had enough of McAfee. I bought McAfee because there were certain things I was promised when I bought it: Identity Protection for a start. To turn off those things just because I won't give you permission to charge my card is a really underhanded way to do business. I may not be able to stop you doing these things, but I don't have to be a customer any more.

2 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Pop Up Ads, General Dissatisfaction

Hi @timothyb196 

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. I have texted you privately to help you regarding your query. Please respond back with the details to further help you on this. 

Thanks, 

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 3

Re: Pop Up Ads, General Dissatisfaction

You can enable auto renewal and mark in the calendar to disable it 1 month prior to date renewal. But agreed too many popups. Interested in if there is a solution passed onto you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community