cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 21 of 27

Re: Online backup used to take 20 minutes, Now still running after 9 hours.

Hi kjdroid kindly try running the full scan and check if the computer crashes. If it does so PM me I'll take a Remote Access of your PC and try to fix this and install MOBK as well..!

kjdroid
Former Member
Message 22 of 27

I ran it and it crashed.  I have already downloaded MOBK-2_18_1_235-45071 but haven't run it yet.

Mc Afee keeps prompting me to configure online backup, but when I try to, I get errors about not being

able to connect to the server.

Before we try remote control of my computer, I want to disassemble and attempt to clean it to see

if overheating is the problem.

Remote access hasn't been successful because the computer always crashes during the session.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 23 of 27

Hi kjdroid kindly inform me once you're done with the cleaning process, Of course crashes might be due to thermal issues wherein system gets overheated.

kjdroid
Former Member
Message 24 of 27

OK. I cleaned it yesterday (the fan was full of lint) and then ran the full scan, which finally completed successfully!

I haven't tried the backup yet, I will try that tomorrow.

One question though, I noticed while the scan was running on the Eclipse folder, that it kept switching between

scanning an eclipse file to "scanning rootkit".   I know some rootkits are considered malicious, but nothing was flagged

as being so.

Also, wheni I did a search for rootkit from the start menu in the lower left-hand icon, nothing showed up.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 27

Hi kjdroid keep me informed about the status of Online Back up.

Coming to your question - I would suggest you to run a manual update for McAfee and wait for it to be copmpleted. Do a full scan and check if it detects any suspicious files.

To double check you can run getsusp application from this page in order to scan your system for suspicious files.

As far as my knowledge rootkits will be hidden and will not show up in Search results.

kjdroid
Former Member
Message 26 of 27

Online backup now seems to be working fine.

But even though I uninstalled and re-installed McAfee, the McAfee online backup version

is still 1.16.4.0.   I configure usiing the McAfee Internet security rather than MOBK.

Will using MOBK give me the newest version?

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 27 of 27

Hi kjdroid

Yeah installing MOBK 2_18 will give you the latest version However I'd strongly recommend not to do so because the current version seems to be working fine.

Regards

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community