Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pensinck
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Online Backup starts, but does not backup: MOBKbackup.exe: Error: VSS timeout

Hi All,

I'm using Online Backup for several years now, and it is working great for me, until last week.

Now it does not backup anymore, the backup is started, but it "hangs" I believe in the "Calculating splines.... " step.

Since the middle of dec last year I have a dutch version (updated automatically) and it says: Volumeschaduwkopie maken van momentopname van set...."

and no progress at all anymore.

Not sure what to do now, to "restart" it again so I tried finding some kind of log-file, I found one MOBK.log and it shows the following in there:

09Jan2012 18:32:05 MOBKbackup.exe:  service is starting... (version 1.16.6.1)

09Jan2012 18:32:05 MOBKbackup.exe: Client OS is Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit Service Pack 2 (build 6002)

09Jan2012 18:32:05 MOBKbackup.exe: Using temp dir: C:\Windows\Temp\

09Jan2012 18:37:48 MOBKbackup.exe: Starting backup: 3 0 1 1

09Jan2012 18:37:49 MOBKbackup.exe: Email address removed for privacy machine=XXX (NSYNC-FAMILIE)

09Jan2012 18:45:17 MOBKbackup.exe: Error: VSS timeout

10Jan2012 19:28:11 MOBKbackup.exe:  service is starting... (version 1.16.6.1)

10Jan2012 19:28:11 MOBKbackup.exe: Client OS is Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit Service Pack 2 (build 6002)

10Jan2012 19:28:11 MOBKbackup.exe: Using temp dir: C:\Windows\Temp\

10Jan2012 19:34:44 MOBKbackup.exe: Starting backup: 3 0 1 1

10Jan2012 19:34:44 MOBKbackup.exe: machine=XXX (NSYNC-FAMILIE)

10Jan2012 19:42:53 MOBKbackup.exe: Error: VSS timeout

So since a couple of days I see this error message Error: VSS timeout.

Anyone an idea, what I can do to resolve this error?

Kind regards

Pascal Ensinck

Message was edited by: Dinz - Removed email address for user privacy on 1/11/12 8:00:23 AM GMT-06:00
3 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Online Backup starts, but does not backup: MOBKbackup.exe: Error: VSS timeout

Hi pensick,

Can you please let us know if the error happens on the Online back up included in Total Protection /Internet security  or the Standalone package ?

Regards,

pensinck
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Re: Online Backup starts, but does not backup: MOBKbackup.exe: Error: VSS timeout

Hi Dinesh

I have this as the Standalone package.

Kind regards

Pascal

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi there,

I have sent you an email requesting for your call back information so as we could check and get this  issue fixed . If you haven’t received it by any chance please feel free to click on Avatar image and send me private message with your details so as we could proceed further.

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community