Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArthurKrite
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Notifications

so I'm pretty annoyed to say the least.
I have been having pop ups from the Total Protection application on my pc for a while.
and while all the notification settings are off i still get pop ups. I was able to get some help instantly from the support team which is awesome. However I was disappointed that there was no way to turn it off. it sucks because for me i just want a virus protection software that sits in the back and does its job without me having to even see its on my pc. I don't want to feel like it is the virus itself... I think its great the it tells me if somethings wrong and such but when it keeps giving notifications about adding new devices??? I just wish I could silence it all together. especially the fact it pops up in a box on my screen.

id like to say thanks to the 2 staff that tried to help when I came to them.

3 Replies
Help_Everyone
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Notifications

Maybe a mod can help here.

Nottodaysatan
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

Re: Notifications

McAfee must fix this or their product won't be used by me.  I'm on Windows 11 in July 2023 and I can't disable REAL McAfee notifications (popups) to my Windows 11 notification area.  I can't even close them and have to wait for them to time out on their own.  

uninstallornot
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community