Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbl366
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Not able to check all the boxes for Quick Clean on Windows 7

Hi all,

Does anyone have the same problem I have concerning ticking all the boxes in McAfee AntiVirus Plus on my laptop running Windows 7?

When I go to PC Optimization / QuickClean to tick all the boxes, I am unable to tick the boxes for Registry, Browser Files Cookies or Cache. When I tick the boxes and press "Save" nothing happens. If I press "Reset" , the ticks disappear from these three boxes and I am back to the default settings.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled AntiVirus Plus a couple of times but it is still the same.

Can anyone help / advise please?

4 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Not able to check all the boxes for Quick Clean on Windows 7

Hello jbl366,

Could you please Check your driver version using the following steps:

1. Click the Windows Orb, right-click Computer, and select Manage.
  2. If prompted, click Continue.
  3. Select Device Manager.
  4. Expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
  5. Double-click your video card.
  6. Select the Driver tab.& let us know the brand & version numbers from there

Regards,

jbl366
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Hi Dinz,

The Video card is an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS. The date is 06/03/2009 and version is 7.15.11.7967.

I have just gone onto the NVIDIA site for an update which was installed but the driver details are still the same and I cannot tick the boxes required. I have tried twice now to reload the updates but no joy.

One thing I do notice is that on my Laptop running WINDOWS 7, The heading is down as PC Optimization whilst on my PC which is running VISTA Svc Pk 2 it is down as PC and Home Network Tools. The VISTA PC allows me to tick these boxes and also run QUICKCLEAN by clicking a button which I am not able to do on my WINDOWS 7 laptop.

Should it be different for each O/S?

My PC is using an NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT. Date 10/01/2008, Version 7.15.11.6960.

Regards,

JBL366

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Bingo !!!!  Its becuase McAfee customers using the NVIDIA GeForce go 6150 display adapter with driver version 7.15.11.7967 or the NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nforce 630M running driver version 7.15.11.7991  are unable to save their settings in McAfee QuickClean & this issue appears to be caused by code inside the video driver, which is still in beta. McAfee does not support beta products or software & we recommend  you contact your video card manufacturer and obtain the last officially released driver for your hardware that should fix your issue.

And the reason for the titles in your PC is because you might be running two different verions of McAfee on the computers, please refer this document http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101107 to find out your versions

Thanks,

Message was edited by: Dinz to add more info on 7/5/11 4:57:56 AM GMT-06:00
jbl366
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Tks Dinz,

I will contact NVIDIA now and see what they say.

Regards,

JBL366

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community