cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 21 of 29

Re: No more version 15?

If I am not getting updates then my protection is sacrificed.  I have needed to check daily to be sure I am up to date.  And when it was stuck, I needed to take steps to restart and do a manual update to get the latest updates.

I should not have to do that.

hitech_redneck
Former Member
Message 22 of 29

Why are the moderators so crass on here? They're even borderline rude to each other - at least enough that I regularly say "wow that's hard core" to myself when reading replies. The users are allowed to express their frustrations, so instead of making wise comments like "your point is?", why not empathize with them?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 29

Can we agree that you never got infected? And now the update issue is resolved?

All I am attempting to say is every now and then, I would think one likes to hear a compliment, Now I totally digress.

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 24 of 29

I apologize if you took it that way,we moderators take our personal time to assist the best we possibly can,as we are (Volunteers). We do our very best to keep all customers informed. Your input is always welcome and considered to be invaluable.

In addition to addressing customer's concerns,we stay inundated with reporting Spam (hourly) so as it will not infiltrate the community. As that would make it impossible for one to post.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 25 of 29

This was said by Safeboot a former Product Manager.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
sutieday
Former Member
Message 26 of 29

@catdaddy I care not for your moderator shilling. I only care about the transition of McAfee products to 16.X. I currently have 14 R13 installed and hate the sluggish anti-virus engine, using over 100mb of my memory resources. I miss the LAM engine and its cloud features. Please McAfee if you are reading this thread, give us lightweight security!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 27 of 29

Actually I agree with you Sutieday,as we have mentioned this to the Powers to be.

It is a shame you consider my assistance as 'Shilling'...

1. Markr Did a full scan test on 16.0 and after scan completed quick scan did not start. So issue might not happen on 16.0. Scan took 85 minutes and scanned only 43380 files.PK

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
sutieday
Former Member
Message 28 of 29

Also, I do want to point out that out of all the security products I've used, McAfee is the most nonuniform in terms of its products/versions offered. This surely must make providing technical support to users difficult. Why McAfee does not give all users the same product version irrespective of their Affiliate is a quagmire to me.

Either v16 is stable and can be released to all users, or it isn't and should be reserved to beta testers. Why need the phased roll-out unless it wasn't stable? I believe this was also the case with v15.1, which is supposedly no longer offered.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 29 of 29

sutieday wrote:

Please McAfee if you are reading this thread, give us lightweight security!

Have you seen this? Downside AV only, no firewall.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community