cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hitech_redneck
Former Member
Message 1 of 29

No more version 15?

A couple weeks ago I installed Live Safe on a few new machines, and got the "new" version 15.1 for each one, when downloading from mcafee's support site.

Now, I'm installing on another batch of new machines and it's back to 14 R13. I tried downloading 12 separate install files, at various times over the past 4 days,  none of which ended up installing ver 15.

Is 15 on hold again? 

I want to have the same version on all my machines for consistency in support, resource usage and user Q&A. I'm not attacking the moderators, but I will say the way this roll-out has gone is really frustrating.

Thx

28 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 29

Re: No more version 15?

15.1 has been withdrawn from the servers for further testing, or so I've been told.   That said v.16 is rolling out apparently so expect those first machines to update shortly.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 29

AS Peter says 16.0 released yesterday I got it as did a few others. From what we gather it is 15.1.r2 renumbered with no new features. McAfee is trying to standardise at 1 version over the next few weeks.

quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 4 of 29

So if it is just 15.1 r2 renumbered, are there any bug fixes?  specifically the "stuck in update" bug?  Other moderators have stated that 16 would fix it.  If all it is a re-title, with no changes, I am disappointed.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 29

I was told it was fixed

quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 6 of 29

Time will tell.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 29

If I am not terribly mistaken, (I) am one of those Moderators whom told you such. You are correct, 'Time will tell'.

So please keep in mind, we are only a messenger. No new Features are not indicative there is still a problem with the universal existing process such as (Auto-Updating) , or it has not been addressed.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 29

Actually are you having update jammed issues with 15.1.r2? I have only seen it on 14.10.r11 or so.

hitech_redneck
Former Member
Message 9 of 29

Is version 16 the Lightweight LAM or whatever it is called?  Or the old AV engine?  Assume it's the LAM but based on how things have gone for the past few months, you never know ....  ps I have tried to get ver 16 via installer tonight with no luck. Perhaps it's only being released via regular update at this point

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 29

Released only certain locals Au and Ko and Ca probably some Us maybe.  that or throttled so  many a day type updates. Yes LAM actually same as 15.1.r2 might have a change but might not will ask next call.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community