Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrathchild68
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

No longer getting DAT or software updates

Jump to solution

Just recently noticed that I am no longer getting any DAT or software updates for Mcafee Internet Security suite. My subscription is up to date and I did think it was a bug so tried turning off automatic updates and then turning it back on but it won't let me. Is there a work around for this?

Untitled.jpgUntitled1.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 15

Re: No longer getting DAT or software updates

Jump to solution

It is not uncommon to not receive a daily update in some instances, Holidays etc. However in your case, to not be updated since July?  First of all make certain you are current and up to date with all of your Windows Updates/Add-ons.

To include Internet Explorer, even if you elect not to use it. McAfee and other important programs require it to be,in order to function properly. Also make certain you have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed, pay close attention to the optional offers and uncheck.

By it being so long since last being updated, I am uncertain if running the MVT will resolve your issue? However you can try  http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html.

If that fails to resolve your issues, you may find it beneficial to do a Uninstall/Reinstall. Remove your McAfee Software from your Control Panel/Programs and Features/Restart. Then run the McAfee MCPR Tool/Restart and go to your account and download/reinstall.

How To Uninstall/Reinstall McAfee Consumer Products EXCEPT Anti-Theft

Also before installing your Software, you may want to run Malwarebytes (Free) to make certain you have not contracted any Malware. Pay close attention to details in regards to keeping it (Free)  

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

14 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 15

Jump to solution

It is not uncommon to not receive a daily update in some instances, Holidays etc. However in your case, to not be updated since July?  First of all make certain you are current and up to date with all of your Windows Updates/Add-ons.

To include Internet Explorer, even if you elect not to use it. McAfee and other important programs require it to be,in order to function properly. Also make certain you have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed, pay close attention to the optional offers and uncheck.

By it being so long since last being updated, I am uncertain if running the MVT will resolve your issue? However you can try  http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html.

If that fails to resolve your issues, you may find it beneficial to do a Uninstall/Reinstall. Remove your McAfee Software from your Control Panel/Programs and Features/Restart. Then run the McAfee MCPR Tool/Restart and go to your account and download/reinstall.

How To Uninstall/Reinstall McAfee Consumer Products EXCEPT Anti-Theft

Also before installing your Software, you may want to run Malwarebytes (Free) to make certain you have not contracted any Malware. Pay close attention to details in regards to keeping it (Free)  

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 15

Jump to solution

Also make certain your Internet Time is synchronized and correct.

I contemplated mentioning a work-Around involving 'Access Protection'. However due to it being so long between being updated, chose to offer these suggestions.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 15

Jump to solution

.....and double-check your subscription is current - right-click the icon by the clock and select "Verify Suibscription".

Also, if you have recently run any registry cleaners, this may be the end result.l  I do not recommend them.

A reinstall as suggested by Catdaddy will probably fix it.

wrathchild68
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Jump to solution

Mcafee came already pre-installed on my Acer desktop PC. I followed the links but there is no link for Acer. As far as I am aware the only way to be able to reinstall would be to do a complete format of the C drive, is this correct?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 15

Jump to solution

You should be able to access your Acer Account by opening your McAfee UI, and click on 'View Details' under ' Your Subscription' It should display (Active)  If you need to, copy your Acer Account Link to reinstall.

Also, there is no need to 'Reformat' C Drive.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 15

Jump to solution

No need for that unless the operating system is messed up totally, just follow the instructions here (as previously linked):  TS101331

Those download links at the end are for US customers.  If you can't locate your online account call UK Customer Service and they will hopefully find it for you.

It's a free phone call.  Use Account Information, then Phone options.   I just checked - it's a 5 to 10 minute wait.

Contact UK Support

If you have difficulty reinstalling then Technical Support options above will help, also free by phone.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 15

Jump to solution

2 helping hands are better than none..... 😉

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 15

Jump to solution

Thanks Mate

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
wrathchild68
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Jump to solution

I've looked under the Mcafee ui and it says my subscription is active and new sub is due 15/10/2016. I have gone onto the Mcafee web site and by the look of it under "my products" I can reinstall the software from there. Would that be correct?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community