cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardstarburst
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Need to delete vault folder without mcafee installed

I imaged a drive of a friends non-bootable windows 7 laptop and did a clean reinstall. After all the updates and such, I extracted all the main files and foilders from the image onto my desktop on my computer, to be scanned for viruses and transfered back over to the clean install machine. Apparently one of the programs that was on the laptop was a mcafee product that had a vaults folder in it. After i transferred the recovered data files over to the reinstalled machine, I tried to delete the recovered  data files from my desltop and the (empty) vaults folder cannot be deleted, does not matter ownership or permissions. Pretty good vault, but how do I get it off of my computer?

1 Reply
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 2

Re: Need to delete vault folder without mcafee installed

Was this a new laptop as vault can be from Mcafee anti theft or Mcafee file lock.

I will assume it is file lock and move this post to its forum where you should get better visibility

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community