Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Montyhermosillo
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Need Help For PC!

Jump to solution

Hello everyone. First of all, I want to say that I am new to this forum. I don't know if I'll find a way to solve my computer problem here, or if it's the right place. However, I am using McAfee on my computer. But my problem is a little different in nature. That is, when I go to install a game from Steam, Steam missing file privileges error showing. Guys, I have no idea why this is happening and how to fix this error. Please help me to solve this issue.

Screenshot_2.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Montyhermosillo
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Need Help For PC!

Jump to solution

Thanks for replying. I thought there was a problem with the antivirus. So, I had already tried to install games after disabled the protection of antivirus and firewall. But after that, the issue remained. Yesterday I found this article on Google, it mentions, repair Steam Libraries from Steam. That's why the problem was solved after I repaired Steam Libraries. Now I can install games without any issue. However, the matter is still incomplete to me.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @Montyhermosillo 

Thanks for reaching out.

Kindly disable McAfee Firewall & Real Time Scanning temporarily and check if the issue still persists.

If it does, please follow the below steps

Run Steam with Administrator Privileges

> Press the Windows Logo Key and R at the same time on your keyboard

> Copy & paste %ProgramFiles(x86)% into the box and click OK.

> Right-click on Steam folder and select Properties.

> In the Properties window, choose the Security tab, and then click on Advanced.

> Change the permission for the first two elements in the list (Users and System) to Full Control, by clicking on the Edit button, and then on OK.

> Run Steam with administrator privileges, and check to see if the issue is fixed.

You can also find more steps for this issue in the Steam Community. Please refer to it and get back to us if still face any issues.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J
Montyhermosillo
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks for replying. I thought there was a problem with the antivirus. So, I had already tried to install games after disabled the protection of antivirus and firewall. But after that, the issue remained. Yesterday I found this article on Google, it mentions, repair Steam Libraries from Steam. That's why the problem was solved after I repaired Steam Libraries. Now I can install games without any issue. However, the matter is still incomplete to me.

karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @Montyhermosillo 

Thanks for letting us know that the issue is resolved. 

Regards,
Karthikeyan J

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community