cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
death_match
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

My Computer is at Risk Notification... What's going on?

Alright so last night i started getting a pop up from McAfee that my computer was at risk after i updated it. I then kept trying to update it and after it said that my computer was secure (no action required) it still went back to the "Your computer is at risk!" and told me to get support. I must say that i am truly aggrivated by McAfee's product. How on Earth can i not be able to update my software program. I remember getting rid of a Trojan that i had on my computer with McAfee, but it seems to be usless in defending itself against boggin down. This is not the first time that this has happened. I checked my status and my firewall is on, and everything else is on except my automatic updates says that updates are available and that i still need to update the software. Why does it say even as i turn my computer on that it is not updated even when i updated it? How is it possible that i paid for this product and it is such an utter fail when solving my problem? I did a Mc Afee scan last night and that automatically made it say that my computer was at risk because it wasn't updated. I want to speak to customer service about this but there is no number that i can see that i can call.

There should NEVER be huge issues like these with paid software nor should the product have a hard time updating. This is so frustrating and distrurbing on all levels. I have had other software programs that never gave me this type of issue. McAfee needs to step their game up.

2 Replies
death_match
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: My Computer is at Risk Notification... What's going on?

For more information, i am running Windows XP operating system as well as my product is McAfee Plus 2012.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: My Computer is at Risk Notification... What's going on?

Open SecurityCenter by double-clicking the taskbar or desktop icon then click 'About' and post what it says for version and DAT under VirusScan please.

Try running the Virtual Technician as sometimes it can fix things.  Run it again if it says it can't fix something.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Also check your System Clock is accurate both time and timezone-wise.

I trust this is XP SP3?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/09/12 9:49:00 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community