cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pierregosselin
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Multiple processes

I am running Windows 8.1. I have Mcafee Total protection installed. I have notice that there is multiple instances of the following 2 processes running:

• MCAFEE ENT and INSTRU EXE
  • MCAFEE

When I say multiple I means about a dozen of each. My system is extremely slow.

Is this normal

5 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Multiple processes

Moved from Service and Support to General Discussion >Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

It's not uncommon for multiple instances of what appear to be similar processes showing up in Task Manager, although personally I see neither of the above.

It would vary from person to person depending on what modules are active.

A screenshot of that might be in order.

Or contact Technical Support as they can probably give you a more concrete answer.

Contact Support

ComputerPerson
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Here is an image of all of the processes McAfee is running. I also had slow downs. Picture

ComputerPerson
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Here is an image of all of the processes McAfee is running. I also had slow downs. Picture

Tags (1)
DavidHart2
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I am also experiencing this. I have  high C.P.U. usage down to WMI Provider Host. There are lots of error associated with this which relate back via their Process IDs to MCAfee. I then noticed many instances of McAfee. particularly the ENT and INSTRU.exe I tried to run the Virtual Technician tool (from https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp?_afrLoop=2201295016209577#!%40%40%3F_afrLoop%3D220129... ) but the installation failed with an error

Virtual Technician

Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required /mvt/InstallerError.asp, line 118

David Hart

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community